Old 08-01-2010, 12:23 PM

Default '69-'72 grand prix

i need a second car to drive around while i do some major rust repair on my wagon, so here's what i'm looking for.

first off, the car must be within 500 miles of orlando, florida, zip code 32810; the closer, the better. the car must be complete, but does not have to have an engine or transmission. i have a pontiac 400 out of a '72 grand prix that i can rebuild, and i know of a good transmission shop close by, so those are the last 2 things i'm worried about. what i'm concerned with is things that would prevent it from being street legal and roadworthy such as no interior, missing bumpers, rust that affects the car's structural integrity to the point that it's not usable as a daily driver, and things like that. as long as the car is complete and ready to use as a daily driver once an engine and transmission are installed(or existing ones are rebuilt), it'll be worthy of my money.

a list of cars i'm looking for:
'66-'69 lemans, tempest, or gto
'69-'72 grand prix
'67-'76 firebirds(later models must be pontiac powered, no olds or chevy engines)

i would much prefer a 2-door hardtop or coupe, whether it has a bench or buckets does not matter. at the moment, i have less than $2,000, but i am still saving up my money. i am also looking locally, so if i find a decent car close by i'll remove this want ad.

Old 10-22-2010, 06:05 PM

I have a complete '71 Grand Prix, that's been sitting in a garage for years. If interested,
give me your email, and I can send pics or chat.

Transjoeam@aol.com Joe

Old 10-22-2010, 09:24 PM

wow, if i knew that about 4 weeks ago, i would have held on to my money and went for it, but i found a '72 firebird that came with a ram air formula hood, so i'm actually set on the 2nd car situation. i tried to delete this topic as well as the others i posted in the a body and f body forums, but i couldn't figure out how. the firebird is a little more work than i intended as a 2nd car, but it'll be well worth it, especially since the car is about 98% rust free and came with all of the sheetmetal and body panels(including original, reusable endura nose), as well as all of the wiring from front to back. i'm gonna build it to look just like the blue formula in the '72 firebird brochure, except with a 1970 spec. ram air 4 clone.