Old 03-24-2022, 09:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

After reading your recent post I would put a posi in the rear. Then you can get some heat in those M&H tires. Your launch will improve (60ft) and ET go down. You should be able to reach the 13 second et with streetable 3:23s.

Old 03-25-2022, 08:04 AM

Hey NYGTO! I run a 3.55 posi and Cornell radials on my 65. My best is a 14.298, releasing the clutch off idle and then going full throttle. On a good day at Island I have been able to mat it after releasing the clutch. Keep in mind my car has a YD 400 with 15 heads, a mystery crane cam and the 65 tripower setup. My MPH is never over 97 so I may need a little more HP to run any faster (maybe some headers or RA manifolds?). Can't wait for May 1st! I'm just about finished with my water pump replacement and single groove pulleys setup.

I'm holding off on running slicks until I get a 12 bolt in the car. I did break a BOP 10 bolt my first time at Island. I was able to drive the car home (it was noisy). I cracked the left side cap in 2 places. Someone had incorrect (later) caps in the housing and I didn't realize it until I compared it with the BOP rear I have in the car now. Nevertheless, I'm hesitant to run a BOP rear with slicks.

Old 03-25-2022, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat View Post
After reading your recent post I would put a posi in the rear. Then you can get some heat in those M&H tires. Your launch will improve (60ft) and ET go down. You should be able to reach the 13 second et with streetable 3:23s.
X2...get a posi unit first to see how much the et drops, then see if you need any other suspension enhancements.

Dennis