Old 05-26-2022, 06:38 PM
Senior Chief

Default brake pressure switch

I have been using a Wilwood Master Cylinder with the Combination Proportioning Valve for a few years now. The OEM wire for the brake pressure switch is a single wire with a simple plug at the end. The Wilwood switch has two contacts so I just tucked the OEM wire to the side and use the rubber boot with the Wilwood kit to hide the two prongs. I haven't had an issue with it as is, but for completeness I am thinking of connecting the wire. Does anyone know if there is a way to make this work with the OEM single wire. Thanks.

Old 05-26-2022, 06:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The stock switch gets its ground from what it was screwed into, so one of the wires on theWildwood switch must get landed to a grounding point.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:23 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks, that makes sense. Does it matter which prong on the Wilwood is used for ground and power, or would they be interchangeable. They are visually identical.

Old 05-27-2022, 07:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Does not matter since it’s only the opening and closing of a switch function and not a sender putting out a reading.