Old 05-23-2022, 05:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pretty funny J

1978 Black & Gold T/A [complete 70 Ram Air III (carb to pan) PQ and 12 bolt], fully loaded, deluxe, WS6, T-Top car - 1972 Formula 455HO Ram Air numbers matching Julep Green - 1971 T/A 455, 320 CFM Eheads, RP cam, Doug's headers, Fuel injection, TKX 5 Spd. 12 Bolt 3.73, 4 wheel disc. All A/C cars
Old 05-26-2022, 07:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I appreciate the feedback guys. I was able to locate a complete set of 1970 gauges from another board member. Does anyone on the board restore gauges or is there a preferred vendor?

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 05-26-2022, 08:45 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I was told and will be sending mine to get calibrated to redline guages. You can look up phone number on Google. I also recommend buying a new circuit board for the back and having them calibrate and rebuild your speedometer that check am can be rebuilt and digitized I might do that with a later tack I'm not sure yet to be more accurate

Old 05-27-2022, 02:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
I appreciate the feedback guys. I was able to locate a complete set of 1970 gauges from another board member. Does anyone on the board restore gauges or is there a preferred vendor?
There is a PY member that has been researching what it would take to restore these gauge clusters to like new using high quality USA components.

His estimate for a complete restoration would run around $3500-4000 for a concourse restoration (includes quarts clock conversion, new circuit board, etc.). He stressed that these are the most complex and difficult to work on gauges he's ever dealt with and that there is a tremendous amount of wok that has to be done to get them perfect. At present, he doesn't think that many people would opt for this service due to the high cost and thus isn't currently offering this service.

The Following User Says Thank You to RAJ7395 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2022, 09:48 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I spoke with a assembly worker that mostly does gto clusters not sure I'd same person and a full restoration is about 3k. I have his number on messanger if anyone needs it. I think that was making them completely new again and yes a lot of work. Personally for me, it's just a good driver car and got phone quote of about 250 for speedo and calibration free plus about 500 for digitizing tac to run any distributor plus dialing in clock. I was told it will look the same just updated internals. Im.probably going to.just do speedo for now and back circuit board from.ames. a true 70.shpuld have a small plug in back,big plug started later 72 I believe. M and h is good for harness and redline for guages or this super expert for concourses work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ramairnacho For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2022, 06:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The money is in the silk screening on these.

Old 05-29-2022, 07:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

that speedometer is from a 1979 Firebird- the colour and font are one model year;
1975-1978 speedo's used white and blue;
1980-1981 used the same colours, but were in a different appearance.

It looks like someone just wanted a dual MPH/KPH speedo, and did away with the original fuel gauge in favour of an aftermarket, and some extras.

Hopefully the latter dash insert saved a 70-72 dash insert from being cut up!

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
The Following User Says Thank You to unruhjonny For This Useful Post: