Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 02-13-2024, 08:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Samsung smart phones

My old flip phone was cancelled last year , no longer supported 3G

Looking a a flip phone at spectrum for myself, but my wife wants a smart phone.............they have two there Samsung A54 5 G for $499 and a Samsung A15 5 G for $199............just wondering if anyone has one of these models and how they liked them.................getting two different stories from the store, they keep pushing the $499 one.............

Im thinking the only reason i would use the smart phone is for navigation while driving the pontiac............

If it helps any, i have never texted anyone on my old flip, only use the phone to call when i needed to make a call..............usually only had it on maybe 1-2 times every 3-4 months.............so you can see im pretty much bare bones on the phone.

Not sure why my wife wants the smart phone, im only gonna use it for navigation for the pontiac................our regular cars have the navagation.

Thanks for any help

Rich

Old 02-13-2024, 08:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

if you aren't going to use it to the fullest capabilities then just get a Walmart/drug dealer phone like my wife has. texting and a good camera is all she needed lol and its 50 a month unlimited stuff she wont use. My co gives me an apple phone and i really love its simplicity.

Old 02-13-2024, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Samsungs are notorious for a lot of bloatware.

Old 02-14-2024, 12:11 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My phone needs replacing as well so I've been eyeballing this samstung flip just because I'm tired of giant phones:

https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-z-flip5/

Also has an external screen which is nice...most of the redundant Samsung stuff on there can be removed.

'74 T/A 455 Y-code SD clone

previously on Dawson's Creek:

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350
Old 02-14-2024, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey thanks for the replys guys..................i was only interested in the two models i posted, just wondering if anyone had one of these.................my wife is the one who wants a smart phone, i figured i would use it for navigation in the old pontiac..............for myself im buying the cheapest flip in the world...........if i used it more than 4-5 times a year, i would be shocked.

Rich