Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:47 AM
Senior Chief

Send a message via AIM to Tone
Default Price of chevy rally wheels/tires, traction bars, AND air shocks.Is this a good deal?

My neighbor just offered all this to me. He's got a set of 15 inch Chevy rally wheels...ya know, those silver slotted ones....INCLUDING the trim rings and corvette center caps. He took them off his Corvette. The tires mounted are 50% tread....some meaty BFG Radial TA's at the rear, measuring 12 inches wide. I paid less attention to the front, I know they're much skinnier than 12 inches though.

They look super sharp!!

Next is a set of brand new, never used air shocks he bought for his 69 Camaro. They don't look like they're the right design, and probably won't fit.....I'm not sure what I'd do with them.

And last is a set of traction bars....which I merely glanced at once or twice. Not sure what they came off of.../shrug.

He offered all this to me for 350 dollars. Those wheels would look a hell of a lot better on my car than my current ORANGE painted rally 2's. What do you guys think??

Tone.

73 Lux Lemans.
350 2brl. Single exhaust. TH350 automatic.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

well the wheels would probaly sell for about 250/300 ,just think of it like this you could always resell everything.its not a bad deal

Old 07-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

then buy a stencil kit for your ralley 2's!! they look great on any pontiac

Old 07-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Senior Chief

Yeah, I could stencil my POS orange poncho wheels, while my car is wearing the corvette wheels. PERFECT! Oh, and the BFG Radial TA's are 295/50/R15's....I think.

The widest that they make. And cost 150 dollars per tire, so I think I'm in pretty good shape.

73 Lux Lemans.
Old 07-13-2007, 03:56 AM
Senior Chief

I am buying the wheels/tires from my neighbor for $350.

The rear wheels are DEEP, and 10 or so inches wide. Nice!
And the rubber is 275/60/R15.
Up front is a slimmer Goodyear tire, but still much bigger than those on my orange pontiac wheels.

I put all four on the car today at work....WOW!!! It's Secksy!! I'll get some pics for you guys tomorrow. I can't wait to get my new coil springs.

73 Lux Lemans.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'd sell the wheels on a Corvette forum. Those Corvette guys love to spend money.
Even if you can't use the other parts, grab them for a future trade. You never know when you may run across someone who either is looking for exactly what you have or has something to trade that you can use.
I never cared for body color Rally 2s myself. I think they look best black and silver.