Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:36 PM

Default 65 Burgundy GTO Ragtop on Ebay - Beware!

A friend on my owned this car for many years in NY, many items buyers should know -
The 67 dash is in there because the car was totaled in the late 70's. Motor went thru firewall and dash. Frame was creased and straighted, firewall underneath was patched - cheaply - as you will see if you win car.

You need more than just the dash pieces, you need to replace the metal door to door.
I built the tripower for him on a budget using mix match parts, none are correct.

The car was a decent driver, but paint was old - quarters were wavy in places - trunk has dent about 3" by 2" I emailed and asked about trunk dent and was told there was no dent and I can see it still there -- ummm - overall needed major dollars to bring back to show - and with no numbers matching, my friend sold it to a guy in PA for a reasonable price - car is at 25K now - price doubled just in the last few hours --ummm -

Car isn't bad but everyone should know what there getting esp. those who live far away and rely on pictures.

Old 07-19-2007, 11:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I thought that 66-67 dash in a 65 looked strange. Thanks for the info.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ponti...52726317QQrdZ1

Old 07-19-2007, 12:43 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by old65goat

Car isn't bad but everyone should know what there getting esp. those who live far away and rely on pictures.

Reading this info and the answers to the questions in the ad, the car sounds like a massive POS to me.

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 07-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

When I saw that 67 dash in there I figured that it went through some major problem like you stated. Why some folks repaired cars like this I just can't figure out. Even back in the day, why would you put a wrong year dash in a car, when all you had to do was look around a little and pony up a little cash to get the right piece?

HONEST JERRY'S SPEED AND EQUIPMENT
Old 07-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Interesting that he states:

"I will include Rally dash and plastic housing, 3 alum pieces below dash, and ash tray with bracket. I was going to have these available to purchase but people wanted these so here they are. INCLUDED WITH THIS AUCTION!!!!"

Sounds like these are for a 65! No use in that 66-67 dash housing.........

Old 07-19-2007, 09:50 PM

Thumbs down

Its also funny how the bidding doubled in two hours and stopped right at the reserve - hopefully no one will get stung, unless of course they don't mind doing a ton work - buy the way - the guages he has to go in need a rebuild and they are missing a few parts also.