Old 12-28-2007, 03:46 PM
Senior Chief

Default Rockers

Well today me and the boy started taking the interior out of the Trans. Took off the chrome rocker covers and see that there is another pc of alum bolted in there over the rockers. It that factory and if so the purpose?

Old 12-29-2007, 06:35 PM

yes that is factory.it is a cover for the wires that run underneath it.take LOTS of pics when dismantling a lot easier to put back together

Old 12-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

if you are talking about a cover held on by 2 nuts on head bolts under the valve covers,it is a drip rail.it helps guide the oil to the rocker arms.i don't think a 76 should have them unless someone changed something.after 74 the valve covers had a piece spotwelded that did the same thing.might have been changed out during a rebuild.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:47 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1971WARBIRD
if you are talking about a cover held on by 2 nuts on head bolts under the valve covers,it is a drip rail.it helps guide the oil to the rocker arms.i don't think a 76 should have them unless someone changed something.after 74 the valve covers had a piece spotwelded that did the same thing.might have been changed out during a rebuild.

Sorry I was speaking about the rockers at the doors. You have the chrome pc with GM or fisherbody, what ever it says, then take that off then there is a alum pc that is held in by 3 bolts.

Old 12-29-2007, 08:48 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolhusler8
yes that is factory.it is a cover for the wires that run underneath it.take LOTS of pics when dismantling a lot easier to put back together

I have been taking pics but not of this. Looks like it would be easy to put back in but to be safe while it is still in my mem on how they go together I will lay it in there and snap a pic.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1966Bonneville
Sorry I was speaking about the rockers at the doors. You have the chrome pc with GM or fisherbody, what ever it says, then take that off then there is a alum pc that is held in by 3 bolts.

how does Homer say it...Duuuuuh.yes those are there to hold down and cover the wires.