Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 PM

Question '79 Y84 with radio delete?

Another stereo question. My Y84 Van Nuys car has "XXX customer order" on the build sheet. It does not list any type of radio. It does not list a "radio st prov". The only thing on the build sheet having to do with a sound system is: UN9 radio suppress & U76 w/s antenna. I am assuming all it had from the factory was a w/s antenna, round silver filter with one wire that plugs into the fuse block (I think that's what the suppressor is), and the delete plate for the dash. I am also assuming there were no speakers at all?

Old 10-01-2008, 11:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's NOT actually a "radio delete" because nothing was deleted,it was simply NOT ordered.

The delco stereos were quite pricey & alot of people opted to buy aftermarket on a "customer order".

My Y88 is a customer order with NO radio spec'd on the build sheet.(it got a Pioneer Super Tuner AM/FM cassette & Jenson Triaxials as it's first sound system,which is still in place with replacement speakers)