Old 10-11-2014, 11:33 PM

Default 1980 trans am grill question

I recently bought an 1980 trans am basket case, I found the box with grills but when I pick them up they literally disintegrated, I wonder what is the best replacement option? try to find good originals or with new aftermarket replacements? What ever the plastic/rubber material was does seem to age well.

Also I had one other question there is a switch (like push button) on the intake manifold the the carburetor linkage looks like it can engage at WOT. Anyone know what this is for?

Old 10-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Original grills are best if you can find ones that are not warped or sun rotted....

I believe your WOT switch turns the AC compressor off when activated.

Eye Candy......garage band?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUPcHxHRx3s

Go full screen & turn it UP!
Old 11-11-2014, 11:28 AM
Suspended

I believe PY sells new repro grille inserts. Seems like you would be better off with new ones rather than a 35 year old set.