Old 02-13-2024, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Did anyone see the 70 Judge on Kijiji today for $3,500?

First, I apologize for having no pics!

Was searching Kijiji today (Canadian online classified similar to Craigslist), and at around 12:50 I came across an ad for a 1970 GTO that had been posted 1 minute earlier. I am sure it was a Judge, well, as sure as I could be without seeing it in person.

I clicked on the link and it brought me to the ad, with an asking price of $3,500 CAD and a description like "selling my father in law's 1970 GTO, he is getting up there in age and doesn't have time to deal with cars anymore".

There were 4 or 5 pics (I am still kicking myself that I didn't take any screenshots), car was a light lime green colour (Key Lime?) with matching Judge stripes, blacked out grills, intact ram air (appeared to be RA3 as only had 1 preheat hose), Hurst shifter with T handle, power brakes, no A/C, Judge emblem on glove box, wing and decals on trunk lid. Interior was a light beige colour (sandalwood or parchment)?

Car looked original but well worn. Front seats were all split but still there, dash looked original, had Rally 2's in the back and slotted aluminum mags up front. Ram air foam was still there but needed replacing, engine compartment looked complete. A survivor type deal that needed detailing and to get running and then hit the road. From the limited pics, did not see any rust bubbles or noticeable issues on trunk lid, doors, fender, or quarters, but paint and decals were faded.

After looking at the pics 10 minutes, the view count was up to 6, so I sent a message at 1:02 asking to make contact and get more info about the car. I actually was thinking this was a scam, but wanted to inquire just to satisfy my curiosity more than anything else. The ad said the car was in Perth, which is in eastern Ontario south of Ottawa.

Got an email response back at 1:03 saying to ask whatever questions I had, then 5 minutes later the add was taken down. My questions were never answered and it is like it never happenned

So either:

-this was a scam and got pulled down

-daughter in law posted for $3,500 and realized it should have been $35,000 and pulled it down to repost later

or, some SOB just made out like a thief!!!

Pictures of the car looked like it was at a rural home or farm, which makes sense for the Perth area.

Not looking for another Judge, (would have bought it if it was real), but would love to know the story and if this was legit. Maybe some Ottawa area members know of this car?

I attached the screen shots of my Kijiji emails, if I didn't have them I would have really questioned my sense of reality...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240213_181611_Email.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	628561   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20240213_182233_Email.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	628562  

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...

Last edited by mrennie; 02-13-2024 at 07:34 PM.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

For some reason, $3500 is a common price used by scammers.

Old 02-13-2024, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

"If it is too good to be true"...

My instincts said "scam", but the rural pictures and claimed location are what got me questioning myself.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
Old 02-14-2024, 12:26 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Reminds me if the time I found a 73 TA on kij for 22K Canadian three provinces over...

Immediately called and his wife answered at the hospital at his death bed and there was a guy with cash on his way down there.

It was the right color and options too... 🥺

I still believe the deals (and scams) are out there...just not for us lol

'74 T/A 455 Y-code SD clone

previously on Dawson's Creek:

'74 T/A 400
'81 AMC SX/4
'69 FB 350