Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 02-12-2000, 11:10 PM

I'm considering putting radial red line tires on my 1968 Le Mans which averages 7,000 miles a year. My BF Goodrich Comp T/A are about gone after 37,000 miles with excellent results in handling/etc. Heard the bias red lines handling traits are poor as is wear so I could use some feedback from you guys and girls on the radial ones. Coker makes a radial one, how are they? Been told that Diamond Back (hope I got that right) can and does put redlines on various makes of tires, you just pick what you want, like Comp T/A's and they will do it. Is this true and can someone provide more info and a phone number for them? Any thoughts and experience from you would be greatly appreciated and others may benifit as well.
Thanks Stan
PS Have you seen the new tires from BF Goodrich that have two colored stripes in the tread? The picture in the ad shows them with either yellow or red ones. Now you can have your red lines where the rubber meets the road. I bet this will be the next big trend on all those Hondas/etc we see running around with theit "new" clear tailights like on a 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Old 02-12-2000, 11:10 PM

I'm considering putting radial red line tires on my 1968 Le Mans which averages 7,000 miles a year. My BF Goodrich Comp T/A are about gone after 37,000 miles with excellent results in handling/etc. Heard the bias red lines handling traits are poor as is wear so I could use some feedback from you guys and girls on the radial ones. Coker makes a radial one, how are they? Been told that Diamond Back (hope I got that right) can and does put redlines on various makes of tires, you just pick what you want, like Comp T/A's and they will do it. Is this true and can someone provide more info and a phone number for them? Any thoughts and experience from you would be greatly appreciated and others may benifit as well.
Thanks Stan
PS Have you seen the new tires from BF Goodrich that have two colored stripes in the tread? The picture in the ad shows them with either yellow or red ones. Now you can have your red lines where the rubber meets the road. I bet this will be the next big trend on all those Hondas/etc we see running around with theit "new" clear tailights like on a 1964 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Old 02-13-2000, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via Skype™ to RPM

I bought a set of red-line radials in 225/70 x 14 from Diamond back. They are recaps with the red-line molded in. The casings used in my set were Goodyear Eagle GT+4 and they used the GT+4 tread pattern. Tire tread life is not good. After about 4000 miles they look pretty worn out, fronts and rears. I'd say they have about another 8000 left on them and this is not real hard driving either. Their appearance is very good, hard to tell they are retreads. Balanced like a new tire, didn't need more than 4 oz and the average was 2.5oz. No vibrations at any speed. If someone can install a permanent red-line in a quality NEW tire I'd like to hear about it.