Midwest Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 06:20 PM
Suspended

Default Norwalk should??? I heard, listen up!!!

Well, I really felt sorry for alot of the racers familys, heard alot of(im bored) ok, dad or mom just ran now what??? Norwalk needs either a small playground or a Building for the kids with movies or games of some sort. One young girl acutally said this really sucks in front of me.We all love our family members to be with us but lets face it, just how much can they take of it???Alot of area down from track on pit side, build something for the kids& grown up kids to.Take a concensis ask questions what they want.One thing i didn,t like is the dogs pooping everyplacein anygrass area. People camping out there i know i saw 5 piles nobody cleaned up. Sorry to say its time to stop the dogs thing now.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There is a huge grass area by the staging lanes that is protected by fences that kids can play in safely with a huge playset. What more could you ask for? Most tracks are lucky to toilets that actually flush compared to what ammenities are offered there! You can't be serious...

Old 08-09-2013, 06:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dnot forget the ice cream!Tom

Old 08-09-2013, 09:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom s View Post
Dnot forget the ice cream!Tom

Norwalk, AMES & PY do a fantastic job and the amenities at the track are far & above the best out there.

There are some things that are best done on your own - I would love to have my GF there with me & she has met most of the people I hang with - but she would be bored about 1 hour into the drive & maybe about 5 hours into being there....so I go alone.

BTW - my dog would love the joint! A pound of ice cream for $1!!!!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 08-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cruiser View Post
Well, I really felt sorry for alot of the racers familys, heard alot of(im bored) ok, dad or mom just ran now what??? Norwalk needs either a small playground or a Building for the kids with movies or games of some sort. One young girl acutally said this really sucks in front of me.We all love our family members to be with us but lets face it, just how much can they take of it???Alot of area down from track on pit side, build something for the kids& grown up kids to.Take a concensis ask questions what they want.One thing i didn,t like is the dogs pooping everyplacein anygrass area. People camping out there i know i saw 5 piles nobody cleaned up. Sorry to say its time to stop the dogs thing now.
you piss and moan about a lot of things. if your kids don't like racing leave them home. its a race track not an amusement park. imho there were too many unsupervised or not paying attention kids there. too many underage driving pit vehicles. a drag strip is not the place for your kid to ride a bike. no kids under 16 should be allowed to have a bicycle at a race track. racers have more things to worry about than looking out for rugrats in the pits.

Old 08-09-2013, 11:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Zeek View Post
you piss and moan about a lot of things. if your kids don't like racing leave them home. its a race track not an amusement park. imho there were too many unsupervised or not paying attention kids there. too many underage driving pit vehicles. a drag strip is not the place for your kid to ride a bike. no kids under 16 should be allowed to have a bicycle at a race track. racers have more things to worry about than looking out for rugrats in the pits.
Jim. couldn't agree more, way to many kids driving 4 wheelers and golf carts, an accident waiting to happen, BTW Rich (67 Crusier) came alone to Norwalk he was talking about the people pitted near him.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:21 PM

There is a fenced playground behind the tower elevator; we also offer kid's games from 1 to 3 on Saturday afternoon adjacent to the Ames hospitality tent on the car show side.

Old 08-11-2013, 05:31 AM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67cruiser View Post
Stop blaming others for something that is the parents fault.Kids need to be able to entertain themselves at some point.If not,don't bring them.
The dog thing is people being lazy....

30 Original Owner Ordered PHS Documented Factory Options
Second Owner
Old 08-11-2013, 08:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Cecil, Atco are great evening-out entertainment for family. Cheaper than the movies or Bowling.
Norwalk for 1-full-day is possibly tolerable, with BBQ or dinner-out. Depends on THEIR interest level.

Like anything, it can be overdone; all day at Norwalk WILL be painful for most wives, GFs, kids, Dogs, and the burden of OOPs falls on the guy for the decision. All 3 days; no playground will balance-out the monotony.

Good things in moderation - B.F.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There is a nice community center with indoor and outdoor pools, $5 a day. there is Cedar Point just up the road with al the associated stuff that goes with it.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:21 AM
Suspended

Jim Zeek, instead of always badmouthing somebody try reading the message correctly, i don,t have kids for one for 2 money we pay toilets should be a gimmy. 3 i said i said poop everyplace in the racers grass area for camping overnite and peple did NOT clean up. Ive never saw a swing set anyplace, so instead of telling somebody where it is you got to show how so called cool you are by this remark!!. 4th, read it again i listen to kids and what they are saying and to leave them at home( maybe for you its easy) but some familys just can,t do that.Think outside the box for once!!!

Closed Thread