Old 08-07-2013, 01:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default q16 race

just thought i would share some info. i was excited to have been first alternate for the q16 race. i didnt like that sikgoat broke but was once again excited to be in the race. the only problem i had was the paper for the race said all 16 cars get paid! wrong not if your the alternate. had i known that i would have just stayed in sp and taken my chances there. the sheet i have says absolutely nothing about alternates not being paid for first round losers, that should have been on it or pay up! when i spoke to kauffman i was told thats just the way it is! hard to accept that when you have a sheet that plainly states all 16 cars are paid. i know it may seem trivial but its the point behind it that still bothers me. just wanted to share so everybody else is aware of it before next year. sorry for the rant just bugged by it. danny

Old 08-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

urgh! that don't sound right. All the cars that staged in the q16 final were actual participants and should have been paid.

Btw it was a good race we had in the first round. Car was on a mission that run. I tried to break out...

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Suspended

" that's just the way it is" lol doesn't surprise me that's what you were told. Seems if you were in the race and all cars get played, you should get played the money sikgoat would have gotten. Looks like they saved some money that day only paying 15 cars..

Old 08-07-2013, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
urgh! that don't sound right. All the cars that staged in the q16 final were actual participants and should have been paid.

Btw it was a good race we had in the first round. Car was on a mission that run. I tried to break out...
no its not right. thanks mike it was an all out run. i shook the tires just a bit and it lost that in the 60 and couldnt gain it back. congrats on our race it was close just not close enough for me by the way thats a beautiful bird!

Old 08-07-2013, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
" that's just the way it is" lol doesn't surprise me that's what you were told. Seems if you were in the race and all cars get played, you should get played the money sikgoat would have gotten. Looks like they saved some money that day only paying 15 cars..
you should know how they work scott... i should have expected it from the past with them just ticked me off that i showed up made my run and got nothing. i wouldnt have been bothered if i went out first round of sp and got nothing but reading the sheet telling me i was at least going to get paid kept me from passing and racing in sp. guess they needed the 50 bucks more than me! butter is getting more expensive!

Old 08-07-2013, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I was an alternate that made the show in 2009 and I went out the first round...BUT I GOT PAID.

Maybe the policy changed....dunno

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 08-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Its crap like that that cements "there" legacy in the Pontiac world.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It's really hard to imagine they would knowingly do that. Did sikgoat maybe get paid for qualifying even though he couldn't run?

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 08-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Suspended

That's really strange, who did you talk to?

GTO George

Old 08-07-2013, 04:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post
It's really hard to imagine they would knowingly do that. Did sikgoat maybe get paid for qualifying even though he couldn't run?

Jim
no he didnt get paid.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
That's really strange, who did you talk to?

GTO George
i talked to the lady in guest services then spoke to jeff kauffman himself even showed him the sheet that says all 16 cars will be paid! guess false advertisement dont count for crap!

Old 08-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Suspended

So who did you talk to?

You would have to stage first round.

GTO George

Old 08-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Suspended

Really.............damn. Sorry!
That just doesn't make any sence.

GTO George

Old 08-07-2013, 04:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
So who did you talk to?

You would have to stage first round.

GTO George
i made a full pass against mike leech. thats what ticked me off. i dont waste passes on my car for nothing and like i said would have just taken my chances in sp instead if i had known i wouldnt get paid like it said.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Really.............damn. Sorry!
That just doesn't make any sence.

GTO George
no it doesnt but sorry george with them it doesnt surprise me.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Suspended

They do put thousands of dollars into the Pontiac race BUT that's still not an excuse.

GTO George

Old 08-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Doesnt sound right ?

Probably a long shot but I hope an alternate never makes it to the final one year (stranger things have happened in racing LOL). I am sure your car is very capable and even a strong light can make a huge difference. You had as much chance as anyone else turning up to race that day

EG

I remember racing at our first Nationals with a new car, (first time with it at a proper track) we quallified last and expected to get spanked in the first round by a very dominant car in the class. On index I left first and belted out as good a run as I had. Approaching the stripe I expected the No1 qualifier to shoot past doing 30mph faster and take round 1 win. As the stripe got closer I was starting to wonder if I had pushed a little to far and lit the cherry and he backed out of the run.

A bit confused and frustrated I headed back down the return road to see my crew and a few of the oter racers jumping round and cheering. The other guy had lost an intercooler hose and ran a NA time that wasnt good enough. He was chasing me all the way down the track venting boost to try and get the round win.

We went a few rounds and made the semi's until we turned up the hook (getting to know the car a bit better) and left a couple of 1000 RPM higher than usual (manual trans car on a 2 step) trying to go another round.

Poped the clutch and the car didnt even move, sheared a 1350 u-joint, spicer pinion and the rear of the driveshaft flailed around for a few seconds under the back of the car punching holes in the tunnel and the start line (was like someone threw a grenade under the car !!) Our day was over, but just goes to show, sometimes it all adds up, the planets align and you get to go rounds no one thought you would

Old 08-07-2013, 04:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like BS to me

Tom Syron

Old 08-07-2013, 04:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
They do put thousands of dollars into the Pontiac race BUT that's still not an excuse.

GTO George
your right they do! and should have done what was right and gave me the money that i was owed. i did what was asked of me.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Syron View Post
Sounds like BS to me

Tom Syron
x2!

Closed Thread