THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 05-09-2021, 03:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Back To The Fifties in MN

The car show was canceled on May 1st, but yesterday they decided to go ahead with it.
So its back on the schedule for anybody thats going. Its one of the biggest car shows in the country. Over 12,000 cars. Takes place at the MN state fair grounds in St Paul. June 18-20

Old 05-09-2021, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I used to enjoy this show when it was about 7 - 9,000 cars. It was more fun to bring a car because you could find a place to park on the tree lined avenues with shade. Once it topped 10,000 cars, it took most of the fun out of it - unless you get there early enough to get a decent parking spot - you are relegated to an asphalt parking lot.

I last brought a car there (I have 2 that qualify) was in the early 2000's.

I have attended the show, but bringing a car isn't worth the hassle.

If they'd limit entries, it would be a better show. I'd be willing to pay a higher registration fee if they did, to help compensate for their revenue lost.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2021, 04:56 PM

I'll be there Sunday morning as a spectator only, and to attend the swap meet (not that I need to drag more junk home, but it's fun to look).
It can be a hassle to enter a car in the show, you pretty much have to get there at zero dark thirty and wait in line in order to get a decent parking spot.

Old 05-12-2021, 10:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Knew a gal who used to attend with ther hubby every year with their '56 Chevy. He did the "greaser" thing and she wore a poodle skirt. I didn't really get it as his car was a contemporary custom, not a resto but to each his own. They had fun.