National Events Events that normally draw audiences from more than a 10 state range

Old 01-17-2018, 09:41 PM
Senior Chief

Default E-Town

I am sorry to say Englishtown will no longer have Drag Racing. Car shows, swap meets and autocross will still be available but no more Drag racing as per a Family Reorganization of the facility announced today.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:49 PM
Senior Chief

I heard that today. I am only 10 min from there and always say I will go next time. Keep taking things for granted and that's what I get. Now there is no next time.

Old 01-23-2018, 04:44 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yes this is definitely unfortunate. I've had many good times at E-town through the years racing various cars with my father, brother and friends.

From Wednesday night time trials, regular Sundays and special events like Pontiac Day, Mopar Day or 5.0 Mustang meets were fantastic. We learned a lot!
Maybe something will change and they'll open again.

Here's one of our 360 cu.in. work vans. It went 12:90's and was my dad's pride and joy at the strip. The licence plate surround read "All Throttle No Bottle".