Old 10-19-2021, 02:05 PM

Default Let’s see your Custom Hoods for a 67-69 Firebird

I have been talking to Glasstek about having a hood made for my build. I found this car for sale and fell in love with the hood design. It’s similar to Ben Wilkinson’s Bird that I believe he modified himself. I want something a little more racy than the factory hoods and I’m a huge fan of incorporating factory style within the hood. Check this out. Glasstek will do the hood but not carry the T/A scoop body lines up the cowl. I need the under hood clearance for a Northwind and Elbow with Throttle Body for a Turbo setup.

Old 10-28-2021, 06:34 AM

I really dig the hood in the first pic.... I'd like a hood like that just with the cowl a little shorter but very cool.

Old 10-28-2021, 09:45 AM

Default Let’s see your Custom Hoods for a 67-69 Firebird

As of right now I’m having Glasstek build a copy of that hood. The only thing different will be the T/A Scoops will not follow onto the Cowl. It will be a few months before I have them start. I’ll post pics when complete. I am sure once a Mold is made they can make more. I am having it made in Bolt On as mine will be a street car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 10-28-2021, 04:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That hood would be over kill on a lot of cars but on that one it’s perfect. Love the launch picture.

Old 11-18-2021, 02:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That looks like they grafted '71 GTO hood scoops on the Firebird Hood. Looks like they reversed them left to right also.

Old 11-18-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeighborsComplaint View Post
That looks like they grafted '71 GTO hood scoops on the Firebird Hood. Looks like they reversed them left to right also.

It’s for sure a 69 TA hood. I even spoke to Ben About his hood and that is what he started with. I’ll post up progress once I get Glasstek rolling on the project.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-30-2022, 10:45 AM

What's the latest on the hood?