Old 09-08-2022, 02:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 1971 Blue Interior Parts

Looking for original dark blue interior parts (that have NOT been painted / dyed) and that are in very good condition - not dry-rotted, scratched, broken, etc.

What have you got?

I have lots of spare parts for trade, partial trade or will purchase outright.

Old 09-14-2022, 09:48 AM
Ultimate Warrior

bump

Old 09-14-2022, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Would try to target longtime collectors/restorers & parts sources well up North. '71-72 shade of blue tends to have held up a TON better up north if the car has been garaged near all of its life.

Been through the '71 really nice original blue interior battle for two of my 71's (455 HO HO GT-37 & prev '71 Judge project). In the mid 00's spent another day @ the monster French Lake MN yard, this was in the dead of winter. Stumbled onto some really nice blue interior plastic in a 71 Malibu or Skylark. The 2 door hardtop body was off the frame, & the closed up body was frozen to the ground. Ended up being a ton of fun, as couldnt get the sealed up doors open, then couldn't get the shouldered nuts off the parking brake asm below the brake booster. dumdum was frozen over a couple of the special nuts attaching the parking brake asm. Eventually managed to get a really nice pair of kick panels out of that car w/o damaging them. Get them home near 900 miles, & they ended up only being a little nice than the originals in my GT-37.

Crazy thing is, 2 months later a fellow on V8Buick.com in NJ was offering what ended up being a PERFECT unscratched unfaded pair of no AC kickpanels out of a '71 Skylark. Jumped right on those!
Guess what am getting at is, it might help joining the Camaro boards (NastyZ28, etc) & running multiple want ads there as well. Have done that myself to help find a few hard to find shared interior pieces. In the late 80's & 90's, i hauled in as partscars, several dozen '70-73 Birds (mainly Esprits). Can count the cherry original interior plastic that I removed from those Birds on two hands, nearly all pieces were black.

Old 09-14-2022, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Found a near perfect 71 FB blue deluxe interior (seats , seat belts and door panels ) on a guys front lawn for sale a couple miles from my house about 10 years ago , unbelievable . Kept it about 6 to 8 years hoping to find a 71 TA that needed it and then sold it to a guy up in Canada that was restoring a couple of 71Trans Am’s . I may have a pair of blue custom Door Panels I’ll have to look

Old 10-16-2022, 01:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I’ve got a nice blue right side 1/4 trim for deluxe interior with ashtray. It does have a crack on the leading edge (see picture). Should be fixable with a little plastic welding.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B2BBF58C-36A3-45DF-A8D0-93503D43FDF4.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	600539   Click image for larger version

Name:	579962F4-FACC-49EC-922B-83AC7020121C.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	600540