Old 09-23-2022, 02:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default First gen F-body front bench seat

I am tentatively looking for a front bench seat for a first gen F body. If somebody has one laying around for a good deal I would be interested.

I know there arent many around, but I also dont think many people really want them, so its kinda a strange zone lol.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 09-23-2022, 05:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have a spare but value it much more than you may be thinking. We have one in our 69 Firebird convertible and really like it. The spare that I have is complete minus the center arm rest. Pretty sure the bench was not available in a convertible F-body let alone in the NOS blue deluxe I covered it in during the restoration.

Tim john---

Old 09-24-2022, 11:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If its the same blue one I have seen for sale, then yeah we are not on the same page. And thats fine. This isnt something I need, its just something I wouldnt mind converting my car too for a while. My car is a factory console car so I could put the console back in at any time. Point being that Im willing to wait for a good deal, even if I never find one.

Truth be told its because my dog likes to ride and its easier for her with a bench seat. She does not agree with being banished to the back seat.

I missed on a pretty nice one for $125 a couple months ago because I didnt want to drive for 6 hours to get it. Been beating myself up about it.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 09-24-2022, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I drove from Michigan to Pennsylvania to get ours. It was factory black and very crispy. I very carefully cut all the stitching and used the factory vinyl for template patterns to recover in the deluxe blue. I also put it in our convertible. The one I bought was not on the open market for sale as well as the spare I speak of. The one you passed on for $ 125.00 was a very good price, that's too bad you did not follow through. I had to make new foam for the bottom section of ours, came out fantastic. Good luck in your search and glad to hear your dog enjoys cruising with you...

Tim

Last edited by Tim john; 09-24-2022 at 11:37 AM.