Old 10-01-2022, 10:18 AM

Default 67 GTO front seat replacement

Has anyone replaced 67 GTO front seats with new from TMIproducts?

They make complete replacements for many cars/trucks but not GTOs.

If you haven't done a complete (including frame) replacement, but did cover and cushion change, I'd like to hear about it.

Old 10-01-2022, 12:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Does TMI sell just the cover and foam? That might make them more affordable.

Look at www.pro-touring.com there are a few 66/67 builds on there with TMI seats (I think).

Old 10-01-2022, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1965gp View Post
Does TMI sell just the cover and foam? That might make them more affordable.

Look at www.pro-touring.com there are a few 66/67 builds on there with TMI seats (I think).
66/67 GTO build? I've done several searches on that site... pontiac, gto and nothing comes up for me.

I don't see cover and foam on the TMI website for GTO. They do sell a complete "universal" seat but says "fabrication required" for the universal bracket.

Edit: I have gone through the 'rebuild' thread and see one now. The search feature on the pro-turing site is TERRIBLE.

Last edited by pilot737; 10-01-2022 at 12:57 PM.
Old 11-19-2022, 06:00 PM

I've done several TMI foam/covers on original and stock repo frames on F body seats. They are much firmer with higher bolsters and you set up higher in the car. If you're tall that can be a problem. With some of the aftermarket seats you will sit higher too. Partly because of adapters to bolt them in.

Old 11-20-2022, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs64goat View Post
I've done several TMI foam/covers on original and stock repo frames on F body seats. They are much firmer with higher bolsters and you set up higher in the car. If you're tall that can be a problem. With some of the aftermarket seats you will sit higher too. Partly because of adapters to bolt them in.
Thanks for that info. I'm 5'9" so the extra seat height wouldn't be a problem. With the TMI seat foam and covering that you've used... when you order, is it specific to Pontiac GTO? I'm specifically interested in 67 GTO.

Old 11-20-2022, 09:23 PM

Just Camaros so far. I haven't done the GTO ones yet. But was told they would be similar. Also if you use new springs or frames/springs assemblies then you will sit higher and they will be more firm too. Even putting original style covers on with new foam and springs can be hard. I have to use a bar clamp to compress the seat upside down on a table in order to get the hog ring on. Also many new covers use listings with a cord on the edge where originally they used a wire. They tear and give you "loops" between hog rings which you can see in the cover. So I take them out and put wires in again.