Old 08-21-2022, 08:11 PM

Default 77-79 Complete 403 OR 403 Parts

Hey everyone. Looking for some parts for a 79 TA with a 403, trying to get it back to original. I’ll even take an entire 403 if anyone has one, it just has to be set up for a TA, not an olds. A previous owner put Olds heads on the car, therefore it has the incorrect Olds accessory drive, and I want to switch it to the original T/A configuration.

- Cylinder heads (4A)
- Stock intake manifold & carb
- Air cleaner (without shaker)
- Power steering pump
- Power steering pump brackets
- Alternator brackets
- Harmonic balancer
- Fan shroud
- Fender to rad support braces
- Coolant overflow reservoir
- Windshield washer reservoir

If you have anything, please send me a PM with a shipped price to zip 11580. If you have a complete 403, we can discuss price and freight shipping.

Thanks!

Old 08-22-2022, 12:13 AM
Suspended

Heads don't make a difference, they are all Olds heads. The original heads used in Firebirds, and all 403 in any GM model, were the 4A, regardless of accessory setup. A popular swap for the 403 was to use early 350 Olds heads to bump the compression up. That does not affect accessories. So basically, you are seeking Firebird-type accessory brackets, and intake if don't currently have one that supports stock setup. You may want to check what you actually have to know what you need, or want.

Old 08-23-2022, 11:32 AM

Seems like there is a guy in GA (?) craigslist that has a 403 out of a '79 that he has been advertising for quite a while.

Old 08-23-2022, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Call John Hurd @ Secondgengraveyard.com

Old 10-01-2022, 01:01 PM

Default 403 parts

I have everything to put a 403 in a Trans Am. Motor mounts, brackets, pulleys ,flex plate, distributer. I took a 403 our of a TA and put it in a Cutlass. I used the Cutlass hardware. 125 for everything.