Old 09-04-2022, 11:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Hideaway rad support grommet

Hi all,

I am adding hideaways to my 69. From the routing diagrams, it appears the hideaway cars ran the vacuum lines for the passenger side can through a hole in the center of the radiator support. The diagrams show a grommet to protect the lines from the sharp edges of the radiator support.

This grommet does not appear to be reproduced. Is that correct? Any suggestions for a substitute?

Thanks!

Old 09-04-2022, 12:57 PM
Senior Chief

I have an original car with the hideaways, and I believe that grommet you're referring to is white plastic. Try placing an electrical rubber grommet in that hole. I've seen several large sizes and you might find one that will work.
Good luck!!