Old 09-23-2022, 09:51 AM

Default 66 hard lines on 65?

Finally getting around to getting parts together for the dual mc swap. Replaced the original mc with a single resi one, that's when i found my booster was leaking at the new mc. went looking for a booster and found they're not made anymore. So i figured ill throw the MPB kit on the car, then i was reading i was going to have to block one port make lines etc, etc, etc... I've already replaced the rubber hoses and cylinders. sooo it only makes sense to me to replace all the hard lines, i found that the 66 lines from inline tube have the option for dual mc conversion, and they sell the distribution block to go with the lines to complete the conversion. My question is, will the lines work on the 65? I don't see why they wouldn't.

Old 09-23-2022, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Get some cupro-nickel line which is super easy to bend and a quality flare block/tool - I got a known brand used on ebay for around 30 bucks (can't recall the brand but I can look it up) Parts store flare tool is junk.
almost all the pre-metric GM dual reservoir master cylinders are 1/2 and 9/16 - I used this one from CPP which comes with the hard lines
https://www.speedwaymotors.com/GM-Di...AaAkntEALw_wcB
And also got a 9" dual diaphragm booster - have not tried it out yet however since car is not roadworthy yet.
Can supply a pic if you'd like to see how looks installed.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.
The Following User Says Thank You to webfoot For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2022, 11:18 AM

I’m keeping my 8lugs and not converting to disk btw

Old 09-25-2022, 12:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The brake fluid has no idea what’s on the other end.

1968 GTO 4-spd convertible, console, factory gauges, hidden headlights, 3.90:1 posi, AM/FM radio.

1962 Catalina convertible, Starlight black w maroon interior & white top.