Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 12-05-2019, 03:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC455 View Post
Tom S-
I spoke w/ RARE earlier this year about Round Port Long Branch manifolds. He said they should be back in production around the first of the year.
They told me 6 months away five years ago. RARE makes good stuff, but I wouldn't drink the Kool Aid on this one.

As for Pontiac guys being cheap, and aftermarket companies not wanting to deal with us. I feel like that is a chicken or the egg argument. Do we not use aftermarket parts because they aren't produced or are aftermarket components not produced because we don't want to spend money. Obviously from this thread that is a debate with points on both sides.

I will say that on here and even more so on FB groups Pontiac guys tend to be a lot nastier about anything that is non traditional. So I can definitely see how an outsider would get a bad impression.

https://www.youtube.com/@CatfishMotorsports
Old 01-15-2020, 11:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Bringing this back to the top. Anyone get their heads or a tracking number for when they’ll ship.

I bought a set and haven’t heard a peep. I actually called them twice. First time they said they’ll ship out tomorrow, that was a month ago, and this week. They told me they’ll call me back... still nothing. I plan to cancel my request if I don’t hear from them by the end of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 01-15-2020, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I ordered mine fairly early when the promotion came up and were delivered to me a couple weeks ago.

65 Cat Ventura, 66 Cat Vert, 63 GP
Old 01-15-2020, 02:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63gpman View Post
I ordered mine fairly early when the promotion came up and were delivered to me a couple weeks ago.

Same here, though I bought bare heads.

Good luck!
Murf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Old 01-15-2020, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

They are built to order more or less. I was told they were a little overwhelmed at how many sets were sold. I bought mine on that Friday and got them about 2 weeks or so ago. They are actually pretty nice castings, Mine flowed and advertised, intake and exhaust ports as well as chambers all CC'd exactly what was advertised.

Best contact is to email them your order number, they responded within a day.

66 GTO 389 3x2, 4 speed, 4.33 gear, Montero Red 33K original Miles
67 GTO 2dr Post, 428, Tri Power, 3.55 Gears
80 Trans Am Black SE Y84 W72 WS6
Old 01-15-2020, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Davis View Post
They are built to order more or less. I was told they were a little overwhelmed at how many sets were sold. I bought mine on that Friday and got them about 2 weeks or so ago. They are actually pretty nice castings, Mine flowed and advertised, intake and exhaust ports as well as chambers all CC'd exactly what was advertised.

Mike, did you post the flow numbers anywhere? I’m curious as I have a set but haven’t gotten valves yet. Money’s always a little short for us at the first of the year.

Thanks
Murf

Old 01-15-2020, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I did not post the flow numbers, I did post the CC numbers. The flow numbers were within 4cfm of what Randy had posted in the original thread. I only had 2 ports flowed. Currently doing a clean up and sand roll to a 1233 Gasket. These are going on a mild 428 street build that will go in my 66 when I put it back on the street.

66 GTO 389 3x2, 4 speed, 4.33 gear, Montero Red 33K original Miles
67 GTO 2dr Post, 428, Tri Power, 3.55 Gears
80 Trans Am Black SE Y84 W72 WS6
Old 01-15-2020, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I did not post the flow numbers, I did post the CC numbers. The flow numbers were within 4cfm of what Randy had posted in the original thread. I only had 2 ports flowed. Currently doing a clean up and sand roll to a 1233 Gasket. These are going on a mild 428 street build that will go in my 66 when I put it back on the street.

Thanks Mike!

Old 01-16-2020, 11:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Thanks for the replies. i'll be more patient and sent them an email. hopefully they will respond soon.

Old 01-16-2020, 01:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I sold 7 sets at their "Black Friday" prices to keep Pontiac people buying from us. We were the only one testing and educating everyone on these Pontiac heads sold from a Pontiac business.
Speedmaster is out of stock right now. I have 3 sets of complete and one set of bare heads in stock but they aren't at "Black Friday" prices.
$1799 a pair complete and $1549 a pair bare including FedEx shipping in the continental U.S.

220" Rear Engine Pontiac Powered Dragster
https://www.facebook.com/PontiacSpeedShop/
https://www.facebook.com/GoatZillaRacing/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/RebuildExcitement/
https://www.facebook.com/Call1844RacersRV/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/INJUNWARS/