THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-20-2022, 09:17 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Lightbulb

Current Address
9663 Park Place Dr
Monticello, MN 55362

long list of phone numbers:
(985) 665-7422 - Wireless

(763) 516-6155 - Wireless

(918) 451-8855 - Landline

(918) 451-8866 - Landline

(918) 706-0904 - Wireless

(763) 494-0275 - Landline

(763) 295-8251 - Landline

(219) 962-8543 - Landline

(918) 451-9885 - Landline

Good luck.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 04-20-2022, 10:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow! I have trouble with 2 phones.

Old 04-20-2022, 11:46 AM
Senior Chief

Location: Gilroy, California, USA-Garlic Capital of the world!
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbob View Post
Wow! I have trouble with 2 phones.

Probably uses burner phones. Very common in the criminal community.

~Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts
Old 06-01-2023, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thought I'd bring this back up. There is a lady named Kathy Tuttle in Indiana that has been trying to sell an SD455 crate shortblock on various websites. Dennis Tuttles wifes name is Kathy.

Old 06-01-2023, 03:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Thought I'd bring this back up. There is a lady named Kathy Tuttle in Indiana that has been trying to sell an SD455 crate shortblock on various websites. Dennis Tuttles wifes name is Kathy.
More than just a SD455 short block, Paul. What appears to be an SD 455 treasure trove IF you don’t look too closely.

Dr. Thomas Sowell
Old 06-01-2023, 05:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryinhoosier62 View Post
More than just a SD455 short block, Paul. What appears to be an SD 455 treasure trove IF you don’t look too closely.
Agree..... I suspected it was him but was convinced when he was arguing that Super Dutys recieved brass freeze plugs and welded balance jobs from the factory.... I guess he learned a new brand to dive into while in jail. He figured Pontiac guys are gullible.

Old 06-02-2023, 05:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Lately I've come to the conclusion that about 50% of the people selling anything, anywhere, by any means ... are dishonest. Some in small ways, some in large ways. Some just fudging a few numbers, dates, hours, condition or back story, others plainly just trying to steal your money.

Seems to cross all generations. Knowledgeable buyers rarely get badly screwed, but jeez it just hurts my heart to see so many people that are dishonest. Where do they come from? How were they brought up? And so often WHY ... why compromise your integrity for a few dollars more, most often just petty small lies that they think will gain them 10 or 20% more for their item.

I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to selling things ... but I can live with that, I enjoy seeing decent people getting a good deal for something they need.

Old 06-02-2023, 07:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
Lately I've come to the conclusion that about 50% of the people selling anything, anywhere, by any means ... are dishonest. Some in small ways, some in large ways. Some just fudging a few numbers, dates, hours, condition or back story, others plainly just trying to steal your money.

Seems to cross all generations. Knowledgeable buyers rarely get badly screwed, but jeez it just hurts my heart to see so many people that are dishonest. Where do they come from? How were they brought up? And so often WHY ... why compromise your integrity for a few dollars more, most often just petty small lies that they think will gain them 10 or 20% more for their item.

I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to selling things ... but I can live with that, I enjoy seeing decent people getting a good deal for something they need.
I'm with you. A lot of this is (trying to figure out how to word this) folks just aren't taught about faith and what's right and wrong as much. Another thing is,it's never been easier to scam folks. Just the other day I was looking on Marketplace and came across a golf cart I was interested in. So far I have had zero luck on MP, but being brought up the way I was it seems simple. An object is for sale, if you want it and are first in line, you buy it. Now that is the last option in completing a deal. I seem to miss out because of my old school way of thinking. Well anyways, I come across this cart for sale from a guy having a moving sale due to a job relocation. As I'm comunicating with him he gives me an address that's twelve minutes from my home. It's pretty late and I tell the guy I can stop by with a deposit and pick the cart up in the morning or come with cash first thing in the morning and complete the deal. He said that first thing in the morning is fine.... But then still wanted a deposit. I thought about sending a couple of hundred but it was odd he said first thing in the morning was fine. I shut my phone off and contacted him in the morning and said I was on my way. Now he tells me he thought I wasn't interested and he went to his cousins. He says all I can do now is Zelle him a deposit and he'll hold the car for me .... I message him and said when he's availble I'll be by with cash.... I never heard from him. I was real close to sending a deposit that I'd never get back. His add was pulled pretty fast and I'm guessing he hacked a guys FB account to make the deal happen. I know nowadays its becoming rare to deal with someone who doesn't jump for high bidder or quickest to pay.

Old 06-02-2023, 09:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Paul, I had been communicating with a guy on a zero turn mower, he calls me and says come look at it. I'm there with cash in my pocket looking at the mower, and some guy pulls up that says he has first dibs on it because he drove from out of state.

I said, I was here first, and got the call from the owner to come look at it. He starts talking to the owner and says, "Remember, I told you to put it in the ad that sale was pending before I left home". Well the owner stammers, and says he made a mistake, the other guy was supposed to get first crack at it. I tell him I showed up first with cash, after you called me. Well guess what, he sold it to the other guy. I was mad as a wet hornet.

Not the first time I was going to buy something on Craigslist, or Marketplace that it was sold out from under me, when they knew I was on my way. When I was younger I used to get really riled up about people breaking their word, now I just figure it wasn't meant to be. I usually wait a few days and come across something that is a better deal anyway. I guess as I get older, my faith in a higher power that knows better, is my consolation on deals that turn sour.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sirrotica For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2023, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like he might have taking the name of Captain Tuttle from MASH. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuttle_(M*A*S*H)

Old 06-05-2023, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

We had a guy screw us for some supposed bodywork. All he did was make it worse. Turns out the guy was legendary for screwing people. Went to jail and all. Even f'd over his church and fellow churchgoers with a snowplow scam.
I always wondered if it was some chemical being produced in their brain or some kind of wayward electric impulse in their head that make these people do what they do over and over again.

The Following User Says Thank You to 66sprint6 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-07-2023, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

She’s selling a 71 TA now

https://m.facebook.com/groups/448312...3878380624587/

Custom Roller Cam, 1.52 Roller Rockers
Quadrajet done by Cliff
3:42 gears

12.075 @ 112.70
12.092 @ 112.43
12.128 @ 111.71

Old 06-07-2023, 12:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sounds like he's still up to his scams.

He'll get his.

1970 Trans Am RAIII 4 speed
1971 Trans Am 5.3 LM7
1977 Trans Am W72 Y82
1987 Grand National
Old 06-07-2023, 02:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

A Google search on Dennis Tuttle will have you reading for a long time. I'd use a different name, if I were him.

frittering and wasting the hours in an off hand way....

1969 GTO, 455ci, 230/236 Pontiac Dude's "Butcher Special" Comp hyd roller cam with Crower HIPPO solid roller lifters, Q-jet, Edelbrock P4B-QJ, Doug's headers, ported 6X-8 (97cc) heads, TKO600, 3.73 geared Eaton Tru-Trac 8.5", hydroboost, rear disc brakes......and my greatest mechanical feat....a new heater core.
Old 06-07-2023, 03:42 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris65LeMans View Post
Wow.

On another note, there is a "famous" crook out there who bills himself as a master Pontiac engine builder.

When I was shopping for a crate engine recently, I came upon his site in a Google search. For someone with a name that has been badmouthed for decades, he sure mentions his name many times on his website.
Post his name. Screw this tip toe stuff if someone’s a turd post his name .

I probably know who it is but bet alot of people
Don’t.

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 06-07-2023, 03:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66sprint6 View Post
We had a guy screw us for some supposed bodywork. All he did was make it worse. Turns out the guy was legendary for screwing people. Went to jail and all. Even f'd over his church and fellow churchgoers with a snowplow scam.
I always wondered if it was some chemical being produced in their brain or some kind of wayward electric impulse in their head that make these people do what they do over and over again.
Yes it is it’s greed!
I hear fentanyl is the cure.
😂

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!