Old 07-16-2016, 10:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Window Guide Mohair

Anyone have another source for the Mohair for the window guide track? I purchased some from Right Way but it is only 2-1/2 inches wide. To do it in one piece it needs to be almost 5 inches wide.

Old 07-16-2016, 10:52 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Not sure what car we are looking for this for, but Restoration Specialties has most of this stuff. Steele Rubber Products in NC has some too.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 07-16-2016, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

What make/model/year car, and which specific window guide? I'm not sure what application requires a 5" wide piece.

Deadhead mentioned a couple good sources, another is Metro Moulded Parts in Minnesota.

Old 07-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

66 2+2 Conv. The guide track in the door for the window. The material in mine was going to dust and I wanted to clean it up real good before it went back in. When I scraped it all out it looked like one piece. I did not like the idea of having a seam in the middle at the bottom. Really tough to match up two pieces,plus I could see the seam lifting from wear and the guide block / glass edge rubbing it.

Old 07-16-2016, 03:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pretty sure RS has all the mohair run channel material. Probably have to take the assembly out in order to replace. Just be glad it is not a sedan.

13 Smiles per Gallon:
66 Bonneville wagon
66 Bonneville 2d HT - In perpetual progress
Old 07-17-2016, 12:04 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

They have the 2-5/8 wide material. And I have that. Looking for one piece installation. I have the assy out now.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Guide adjustment

Working on the guide track getting it ready for the mohair. I find that I cannot turn the adjustment screw. I've tried penetrant and heating it to break it free. No luck. It is supposed to be adjustable isn't it?

Old 08-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Might have to seam the two 2 5/8 together long ways. Most fabric stores sell an iron on adhesive strip that might do the job for you. May need to experiment, but should work.