THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-19-2023, 10:28 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I wasn't so lucky with the recent hail storm in MN. After a few of the door knocking vultures telling me I had hail damage, I called the contractor (and personal friend) who reroofed my previous home to inspect my roof. The verdict was indeed hail damage to the home we bought last year.

Insurance claim filed and the adjuster should be in touch next week. I was thinking I was going to need to replace the roof within the next 4 or 5 years (home built in 2006) anyway,$2500 deductible is just a drop in the bucket to what a new roof was going to cost.

I know I paid $16,000 to do my roof in 2021. Will be interesting to see what two years of hyper inflation does to the roof price.

The Following User Says Thank You to The Champ For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2023, 11:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I pulled out the invoices from when I had my roof done 20 years ago, it was $20k back then for the house plus another $6k for the garage. I shudder to think what it would cost today.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stuart For This Useful Post:
Old 08-19-2023, 12:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Location: 31May2013 Temporary home to the world's widest (that we know of) tornado. Lord, NO more Please...

Stuart, BTW, Happy Birthday!!!
Oh my goodness, a $20,000 roof back then is likely close to 50,000 now!!!
I read that you were an electrical engineer, way cool!!!

One of my fellow Pontiac enthusiasts is a retired electrical engineer. He worked as a civilian for the Air Force. He worked on AWACS systems that were on planes. He and a couple of others would be traveling to some Pontiac event. He'd start talking about some seemingly trivial thing at his work (not that often, though) he'd get in the middle of a sentence and let out a sigh, and stop talking and say, I shouldn't really be talking about what I'm talking about......lol

Shut it off
Shut it off
Buddy, I just shut your Prius down...