THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 04-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The Chinese Grand Prix was very entertaining. It's astounding how much of an advantage the Mercedes have. Nico Rosberg seemed like he had enough of a lead to pull over and chat with the crowd, and still maintain his lead.

The post-race discussion between Vettel and Kvyat was interesting to say the least. Vettel was pretty ticked off at the young Russian, but Kvyat didn't back down, and wasn't intimidated by the fact that Vettel, a 4-time F1 champ, was chewing him out on live TV.

Mike

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 04-25-2016, 02:49 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNoun View Post
The Chinese Grand Prix was very entertaining. It's astounding how much of an advantage the Mercedes have. Nico Rosberg seemed like he had enough of a lead to pull over and chat with the crowd, and still maintain his lead.

The post-race discussion between Vettel and Kvyat was interesting to say the least. Vettel was pretty ticked off at the young Russian, but Kvyat didn't back down, and wasn't intimidated by the fact that Vettel, a 4-time F1 champ, was chewing him out on live TV.

Mike
Yes and thank goodness the F1 figureheads decided to revert back to the original Quali format that worked fine for approx past decade, instead of no cars on track for last 5 minutes of Q3 (which was nutz!)...

Old 04-29-2016, 10:01 AM
Suspended

Tune-in Alert! for Sochi F1 Saturday Quali and Sunday Race on CNBC.

Old 05-01-2016, 07:28 PM
Suspended

Talking

Crash! Bang! Boom!

Vettel - check your audio commentary F-Bombs!

Hamilton - Quit your pouting and snap outta it - Man up!

Old 05-02-2016, 01:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Great race in Russia. The Mad Russian, Danil Kyvat, bombed Vettel again. I'm not sure what's up with this kid. It's ironic that he replaced Vettel at Red Bull, and now it's two races in a row where he's hit Vettel's Ferrari.

My Bio: I am currently writing articles for POCI's Smoke Signals magazine and enjoy promoting and discussing the history of the Pontiac Motor Division.
Old 05-02-2016, 08:35 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Great race in Russia. The Mad Russian, Danil Kyvat, bombed Vettel again. I'm not sure what's up with this kid. It's ironic that he replaced Vettel at Red Bull, and now it's two races in a row where he's hit Vettel's Ferrari.
Yes and it appeared that Vettel lifted suddenly slowing directly in front of Kyvat with no place for Kyvat go to avoid collision that caused the second contact IMO. Vettel talking (complaining really) to Red Bull Engineering on pit lane made Vettel appear like a whiner IMO. After his FBomb live radio transmission her sure had cooled down completely alter personality when being interviewed...so was it something Red Bull pointed out to him or did Ferrari tell him to cool it?

Old 05-02-2016, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Yes and it appeared that Vettel lifted suddenly slowing directly in front of Kyvat with no place for Kyvat go to avoid collision that caused the second contact IMO. Vettel talking (complaining really) to Red Bull Engineering on pit lane made Vettel appear like a whiner IMO. After his FBomb live radio transmission her sure had cooled down completely alter personality when being interviewed...so was it something Red Bull pointed out to him or did Ferrari tell him to cool it?
Alvin, when you look at the replay from inside Vettel's car, on the second contact, there was a car on the inside of that sweeper turn, which is a very high g's, that swerved a tiny bit, and Vettel lifted for a fraction of a second, then Kvyat hit him. I honestly think it was a racing incident. Vettel was overreacting, but I understand his anger at having been punted on lap 1.

It's ironic that Kvyat hit him (twice) after hitting him on lap 1 at the last race. I think Kvyat is a very talented driver. It's a coincidence he just happened to run into the same guy (Vettel) twice in two races. Also sort of ironic that Kvyat drives Vettel's old Red Bull car! Lewis Hamilton had an amazing race, and Rosberg is unbeatable right now. I realy thought the Ferrari's were going to be competition for the Mercedes this year, but it appears they still have a big advantage. I wonder how many more wins in a row Rosberg will get?

Kvyat seemed annoyed at the reporters asking him about the OTHER crash he caused (not Vettel's) where the FIA penalized him. He's having a bad time right now, and I think he's one of these guys that reads all his social media feeds and it bothers him that he's made to look like a bad driver.

Remember a few years ago when Grosjean was the goat because he ran into Alonso in consecutive races?

Great race though, and congrats to Rosberg, Hamilton, and Kimi.

Old 05-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Suspended

Thumbs up

Quote:
Alvin, when you look at the replay from inside Vettel's car, on the second contact, there was a car on the inside of that sweeper turn, which is a very high g's, that swerved a tiny bit, and Vettel lifted for a fraction of a second, then Kvyat hit him. I honestly think it was a racing incident. Vettel was overreacting, but I understand his anger at having been punted on lap 1.

It's ironic that Kvyat hit him (twice) after hitting him on lap 1 at the last race. I think Kvyat is a very talented driver. It's a coincidence he just happened to run into the same guy (Vettel) twice in two races. Also sort of ironic that Kvyat drives Vettel's old Red Bull car! Lewis Hamilton had an amazing race, and Rosberg is unbeatable right now. I realy thought the Ferrari's were going to be competition for the Mercedes this year, but it appears they still have a big advantage. I wonder how many more wins in a row Rosberg will get?

Kvyat seemed annoyed at the reporters asking him about the OTHER crash he caused (not Vettel's) where the FIA penalized him. He's having a bad time right now, and I think he's one of these guys that reads all his social media feeds and it bothers him that he's made to look like a bad driver.

Remember a few years ago when Grosjean was the goat because he ran into Alonso in consecutive races?

Great race though, and congrats to Rosberg, Hamilton, and Kimi.
Agree overall. I too remember when it was Vettel taking out his Teamate Mark Webber and then doing the loco crazy finger spin by his (Vettel) ear meaning it as commentary for Webber

Got to hand it to the "Iceman Kimi" too for another podium...as impressive as Nico's march forward wins, AND Hamilton coming from behind to another podium...like I said to my Mrs yesterday...I'll bet Ferrari is glad they kept Kimi...remember "it was in the air" last yr for a time that he'd be released BC of lack of performance and podiums...and the "World Champion" driver was going to take front and center on the Prancing Horse team.

1st part of race was good...track air temps @ 62 degrees F surprising to see so much tire clag on track during race...

Another positive is the return to previous Quali format...