Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2012, 12:50 AM
Senior Chief

Default 1973 Y CODE SD-455 T/A MAGAZINE TEST CAR - RESTORATION

First and Foremost Thankyou to a few People.

James Rotella & Rocky Rotella for their hard work behind the scenes in discovering my cars history.

Leigh Peddel in Australia as he started the PY Thread behind the scenes to help solve the questions I did not have answers to.

And the PY Thread and its members for all the information that has and is coming forward.

Big Thanks to High Performance Pontiac Magazine for agreeing to run the story and helping document the car.

I have been waiting patiently until the magazine went to the shelves to allow Rocky the credit he deserves. He has spoken to countless people and even flown out of state to try and solve this one. Countless Emails back and forth and alot of his own time to help document this correctly.

I hope more information comes forward but for now most avenues may have been Exhausted.

I bought this car as a 73 TA and I was proud to own it as just that. So anything else is a bonus.

I want this thread to be about the Restoration and Getting the car documented correctly to aid with the restoration as best I can. I am keeping the car original as far as I can and what I don't get to now I will get to one day as it will eat me alive not doing it right.

I will be uploading Pictures of the restoration and I think some things might help others with their Restorations with things like the Paint under the floorpans.

The last 3 months I have spent stripping the car down prepping it for summer to try and get in to a Panel Shop that is trusted. It is nearly ready to leave and I hope its out by Christmas.

I will try to answer what I can and I am sure you will help me with this restoration. I had a ten year plan with the car and hopeful to have it done in 5 years. I think I am well ahead of schedule LOL at the moment so I will just keep progressing. I have taken ridiculous amounts of photos prior to and after removal of parts so when they go back in due course they will look correct.

Feel free to comment.

1973 SD-455 Y CODE T/A MAGAZINE TEST CAR

Michael Scicluna

AUS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-04 15.29.31.jpg
Views:	518
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	299952   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-04 15.31.48.jpg
Views:	566
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	299953   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-04 15.38.23.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	299954   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-04 15.40.08.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	299955   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-07-21 11.13.201.jpg
Views:	510
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	299956  

Last edited by mscicluna007; 10-10-2012 at 12:58 AM.