WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 2004-06 GTO Owners > 04-06 Race Tech

04-06 Race Tech Get in, shuT up, and hang On!

Old 11-08-2017, 12:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Considering 2004 GTO Purchase ... Streetable?

Car has just over 77k miles on it
Engine build has less than 1500 miles
Transmission swap has less than 1000 miles

Mod list:
-Tick SNS Stage 2 cam, 227/235, .618"/.605", 110+3 LSA
-241 heads with lunati dual springs and valve job done during cam swap
-New LS7 lifters/trays
-Stainless works long tubes/mid-pipes with exhaust cutouts
-Flowmaster super 40 catback
-Driveshaft shop 3.5" aluminum one-piece driveshaft
-Driveshaft safety loop
-Awespeed OTR intake
-ProSport 25% underdrive damper
-Aluminum Radiator
-B&M Megashifter ratchet shifter
-Built 4l80e Swap
-3500 stall torque converter
-Line lock/roll control
-External trans cooler
-Tuned for all mods and for trans swap
-VFN 3" sunoco bolt on cowl hood
-Front SAP grills
-BC Racing BR series coilovers on all four corners
-Whiteline poly radius rod bushings
-Whiteline poly rear subframe bushings
-Whiteline eccentric rear control arm bushings
-Aluminum solid motor mounts
-Battery relocated to the trunk
-AC blows ice cold.
-Alignment done recently.
-Wideband and gauge cluster pod on the dash
-BBS CX-R 19" wheels
-Tires have less than 1000 miles on them.
-Always ran Torco RGO fluid with type F friction modifer, best lube for these differentials.

Before I get too serious about it, is this car streetable? Owner says never raced but I know better.

Price and condition (pics) are right but ... would you think this would make a reliable summer driver? No commuting, just pleasure driving.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I can't speak for modded cars, especially for those modded as extensively as the one you're looking at. I can, however, speak for a totally stock car.

I have owned my '04 for fourteen years, (bought brand new), and it is without a doubt, my favorite driving car of my entire life. Even after fourteen years it is still a pleasure to drive, and I started daily driving it four years ago. Mine is still completely original with NO mods whatsoever, and had been dead reliable.

I have never held on to a car I bought new as long as I've had this one, and I have no plans to let it go now.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Passed on it. Body was a bit banged up and more interior wear than I would like to see. Never drove it, just looked it over and said no mas.
Old 11-20-2019, 01:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default GTO PURCHASE

I thought I would post this here. I purchased a 2004 GTO 6-speed Yellow Jacket from a co-workers 81 y/o father that had bought the care new. He is not able to drive the car anymore. The car has 87,000 miles and is completely stock. No modification at all. The car is an absolute dream to drive. I wasn't looking to buy this car, but she knew I was a car guy and her dad wanted the car to go to someone that would take care of it. Other than a repair needed on the front nose and back seat headrest stitching, the car in perfect. It almost seems like a waste to modify the car. I would like to put some 18" wheels on it and then most likely leave it alone. I turn the radio down because it sounds so good. I always liked the GTO, and said if I was going to buy one, it would be the yellow one. The car is solid, no rattles. The build quality is impressive. I know a lot of people tend to downgrade the 2004 because of the flat hood, single exit exhaust and 5.7 vs 6.0, but I really don't like the scooped hood much and the single side exhaust actually looks good to me. I do like the '06 tail lights though.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191020_175453.jpg
Views:	1227
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	524937   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191020_175521.jpg
Views:	1236
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	524938   Click image for larger version

Name:	20191020_173510.jpg
Views:	1246
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	524939  
1973 Pontiac Grand Am ERL built 430 CI LS7, Brodix STS BR7 heads, Magnum T-56 6-speed, Modulare 19" wheels, QA1/Global West/Speedtech suspension, Wilwood 6/4 piston brakes. BMW Donnington Gray paint. All wrapped up in a Hurst Pontiac tribute theme.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:48 AM

Default Mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by stobin View Post
I thought I would post this here. I purchased a 2004 GTO 6-speed Yellow Jacket from a co-workers 81 y/o father that had bought the care new. He is not able to drive the car anymore. The car has 87,000 miles and is completely stock. No modification at all. The car is an absolute dream to drive. I wasn't looking to buy this car, but she knew I was a car guy and her dad wanted the car to go to someone that would take care of it. Other than a repair needed on the front nose and back seat headrest stitching, the car in perfect. It almost seems like a waste to modify the car. I would like to put some 18" wheels on it and then most likely leave it alone. I turn the radio down because it sounds so good. I always liked the GTO, and said if I was going to buy one, it would be the yellow one. The car is solid, no rattles. The build quality is impressive. I know a lot of people tend to downgrade the 2004 because of the flat hood, single exit exhaust and 5.7 vs 6.0, but I really don't like the scooped hood much and the single side exhaust actually looks good to me. I do like the '06 tail lights though.
Any mods that you've added to it as of today?