Old 04-21-2022, 12:56 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Advise

I'm restoring my dad's old car it's a 1970 formula 400 and noticed the paint peeling off steering hub. My question. Us do the internal parts of steering coum.go bad sitting for that long also brake booster seals and master brake cylinder ? Am I over thinking this and just getting it running first?help please,need correct guidance. Im.getting new wiring harness, rebud radiator, now wondering about braking sysyem.and steering. I put all new suspension bushingsand body bushings so those should be good I hope.

Old 04-21-2022, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

You know I can restore your hub, plenty of pics of my work on here. The turn signal cam /hazard set up will get brittle and crack. I would grab a new one, comes with harness and Ames has it, its FM346 and 47 dollars. This part has the whole turn signal and hazar set up with the flat harness and connector at the lower end of column.

Old 04-21-2022, 09:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Thank you you will restore my hub. I believe there are plastic bearing inside it too.