Old 04-25-2022, 01:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 68 AC Condenser installation

It appears at a glance that the 68 AC condenser cannot be replaced without removing/moving the bumper, probably valance and the center support ... is that the case?

I'm trying to decide on whether to get a new condenser, or try to salvage the one I have ... if I have to disassemble half the front to change it out that may steer me towards just getting a new one.

Also ... anyone know a good product to neutralize or remove the oxidation from a condenser? Mine has quite a bit of white powder oxidation on it.

Old 04-25-2022, 04:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bumper got to come off, but the Bumper brackets and valence can stay on. Undo the two AC hoses.

I would have thunk the Radiator was the item to come out, but me thinks its the Bumper.
Done the removal a few times so i should know clearly, but seems i triedto do differently each time.

When i was in me 20s there might have been a forceful way to leave theBumper on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Half-Inch Stud For This Useful Post:
Old 04-26-2022, 07:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I remember as a kid I would loosen the frame bolts and I think remove one of them and I think I could hinge the bumper down without taking it completely off.