Old 05-06-2022, 09:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Wanted Hideaway headlight setup for a 68 / 69 GTO

I'm looking to eventually do a conversion from my 68 non-hideaway setup (which is in excellent conditon) to a hideaway setup.

I'm probably going to make this an electric conversion, so I need the buckets, headlight bucket covers and the hideaway bumper brackets. Don't need the bumper.

If someone had the entire setup and only wanted to sell it that way, I would consider it at the right price and just sell off what I don't need. I would also consider a swap for my non-hideaway setup plus or minus cash depending on quality of swap.

Note that I'm not going to do this until next winter (January of 2023), so no hurry. My caveat is that I'm looking for a really nice clean setup and must also get the bumper brackets as noted above. I saw 3 complete setups for sale locally, but 2 of them didn't have the bumper brackets and the third one was too pitted to bother with. This stuff is now all available as repops, so if I can't find a decent used setup, I'll try that route.

Please PM me off the list if you have something to sell or swap. Thanks

Old Joe (In titletown USA)

68 GTO Clone (Tempest) Wagon
Old 06-03-2022, 12:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I'm still searching for a hideaway setup. I might go to Norwalk or another show if someone is going to have parts there. Note I made a few corrections / changes below in my posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtobird View Post
I'm looking to eventually do a conversion from my 68 non-hideaway setup (which is in excellent conditon) to a hideaway setup.

I'm probably going to make this an electric conversion, so I need the backing plates, headlight doors & covers and the hideaway bumper brackets. Don't need the bumper.

If someone had the entire setup and only wanted to sell it that way, I would consider it at the right price and just sell off what I don't need. I would also consider a swap for my non-hideaway setup plus or minus cash depending on quality of swap.

Note that I'm not going to do this until next winter (January of 2023), so no hurry. My caveat is that I'm looking for a really nice clean setup and would prefer to get the bumper brackets along with the setup as noted above. I saw 3 complete setups for sale locally, but 2 of them didn't have the bumper brackets and the third one was too pitted to bother with. This stuff is now all available as repops, so if I can't find a decent used setup, I'll try that route.

Please PM me off the list if you have something to sell or swap. Thanks

Old Joe (In titletown USA)

68 GTO Clone (Tempest) Wagon