67-69 Firebird TECH Includes 69 TA.

Old 05-18-2022, 11:16 AM

Default Trunk rubber Channel

In regard to the channel that the rubber seal goes in that seals betwesn the trunk lid and the body, in that channel are overlapping sheet metal wherein is a little groove. Is that groove supposed to be sealed with seam sealer? I notice no sealer in there at this time.

I'm not talking about filling the whole Channel with seam sealer. I'm talking about the little Groove between the overlapping sheet metal pieces that is inside of the group. Thank you

Last edited by Hotrodjohn71; 05-18-2022 at 11:27 AM.
Old 05-20-2022, 07:06 PM

I believe there is no seam sealer in that joint, however, just to be safe, I would apply some 3M black weather stripping glue on that seam as it does avert the water outside of that joint, Make sure you keep the start gap at the top and seal it.

The Following User Says Thank You to StevenK For This Useful Post:
Old 05-20-2022, 09:07 PM

Thank you StevenK.