Old 11-17-2021, 03:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Cleaning the large junction box

My original firewall junction box is of course covered in dielectric grease. Is there a good way to clean all that off and out of all the nooks and crannies?
After which I'll probably push out all the pins one at a time and polish the contacts.

Old 11-17-2021, 12:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I had mine out on the table so it was easier to access and clean.
I just used some contact cleaner and a small awl/screwdriver to clean all the dirt from the openings. Polished the contacts with an eraser. Tedious work but somebody's got to do it.

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

The Following User Says Thank You to OG68 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-17-2021, 12:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All my stuff is out of the car ... but even the wire side of mine seems to have a lot of electrical grease in it ... might have to bring it in the house and drop the box side of the harnesses in a sink of hot soapy water

I need some contact cleaner anyway, I'll order a couple of cans. I've been using a tiny wire brush on a Milwaukee cordless dremel to clean contacts, goes pretty fast.