Old 01-04-2022, 08:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The foam shortage has been resolved for Dash Pad Pros, so not sure what the turn-around is now. I think before, they were on a 3-6 mo schedule. Would have to email them.

They do dashes for Mark W. (graveyard carz), so they may still be in catch-up mode.

1970 GTO Judge Tribute Pro-Tour Project 535 IA2
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=760624
1971 Trans Am 463, 315cfm E-head Sniper XFlow EFI, TKO600 extreme, 9", GW suspension, Baer brakes, pro tour car
https://forums.maxperformanceinc.com...ght=procharger
Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zKAS...ature=youtu.be
Old 01-05-2022, 12:37 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Roger that. I didn’t see anything listed on their website for Pontiac’s so I assume one needs to contact them to set it up?
Thanks

73 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white - "STOLEN" AT TERRY SPEAR's SHOP IN Columbia TN ~mid 2014
Last offical pic of the car can been seen here:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/pontiactn/...%20-%20rev.pdf
People have seen it posted FS on Craigs List back in late 2013 early 2014....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ABOUT IT PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!
Old 01-05-2022, 12:58 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdoggy81 View Post
Roger that. I didn’t see anything listed on their website for Pontiac’s so I assume one needs to contact them to set it up?
Thanks
I also didn't see any pics of firebird dash, but al knoch, I got quoted 800 but must provide core through second generation graveyard. Can you post pics of your dash

Old 01-05-2022, 03:10 PM

I used Just Dashes in CA for my 1970. Sent out the original and they stripped to the core, replaced a rusty portion of the frame above the column mount, built up new foam and contoured it, then heat shrink the vinyl over that. Material was color matched to the dark tan for the Sandalwood interior. Covid severely impacted their production staff and it was 9 months turnaround time. Total was $1650

The Following User Says Thank You to srmmmm For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2022, 08:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWYSTR455 View Post
The foam shortage has been resolved for Dash Pad Pros, so not sure what the turn-around is now. I think before, they were on a 3-6 mo schedule. Would have to email them.

They do dashes for Mark W. (graveyard carz), so they may still be in catch-up mode.

These folks are great and do great work, HOWEVER, they specialize in A, B and E body Mopars.
I would rather deal with a re builder who does Second Gen Firebird dashes regularly.. My $.02 ..

Old 01-05-2022, 11:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

100% Understandable if you have the car or deep pockets to justify such an expense. It’s good that Just Dashes is there for those type situations however it’s nice to have other options as well :-)

73 TA 4 spd #'s match red/white - "STOLEN" AT TERRY SPEAR's SHOP IN Columbia TN ~mid 2014
Last offical pic of the car can been seen here:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/pontiactn/...%20-%20rev.pdf
People have seen it posted FS on Craigs List back in late 2013 early 2014....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ABOUT IT PLEASE CONTACT ME!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cdoggy81 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Senior Chief

I had an Al Knock dash done for one of my cars a couple of years ago and it looked and felt great, it was in a later second gen though. Top notch work at a great price.

1979 W72 Fire Am
1976 Fire Am
The Following User Says Thank You to dreamn69 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-06-2022, 02:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Just dash

Quote:
Originally Posted by srmmmm View Post
I used Just Dashes in CA for my 1970. Sent out the original and they stripped to the core, replaced a rusty portion of the frame above the column mount, built up new foam and contoured it, then heat shrink the vinyl over that. Material was color matched to the dark tan for the Sandalwood interior. Covid severely impacted their production staff and it was 9 months turnaround time. Total was $1650
Did just dash dye the dash with sem or was color added during molding procedure. Show pics please and grain structutr