Old 01-06-2022, 11:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default My esprit 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tas4me View Post
Don’t part it out. Keep it stock looking and drive it! There are so few of these cars left and even fewer on the road. Everyone puts a Formula hood on or clones a Trans Am. Don’t do that.
I'll going to get the PHS docs on it. But it's heavy options. Got ac tilt deluex am 8 track auto deluex interior. I might sell it thou. I'm not sure yet. Thanks for advise. Not sure they worth restoring?

Old 01-07-2022, 01:00 AM
Suspended

Depends what 'worth restoring' means. You just have to find someone happy to spend many times it's finished value to get there, just like many vehicles.

Old 01-07-2022, 03:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

that's a cool "parts car"!!

Before I read that everyone else chimed in about how that's a rare car in it's own right, I was going to say the exact same thing.
Were I you, I'd be pretty darn tempted to leave it as an Esprit 400(2bbl) car and get it roadworthy, and maybe do a "frame on" restoration, and just drive the thing!

I get that some key parts will find their way to your Formula, and I don't blame you - that car will have most of the little bit's your car may be missing - but I'd wager that you should be able to keep that car complete even after pulling the odd little part off of it for your Formula.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)