Old 01-08-2022, 02:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Fast idle controll

As some of you know I'm restoring my dad's only 1979 formuka 400 ram air 3 auto with AC. I expect my carb. Back in a few weeks and was reading about fast idle controll. Does a formula auto 1970 with ac require the fast idle. I don't have the original harness anymore got lost or misplaced since my failed attempts as a kid to install rally guages andcwill be have a new harness ordered. So I can not use that as a reference. On Facebook trans am group I read that it started in 71 but 1 have seen 70 with it. Are the ram air 4 only cars only cars with fast idle in 1970. Please advice. And you guys help me and I appreciate all the comments both negative and positive. I will have alot of knowledge about my car when done.

Old 01-08-2022, 03:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

In 1970 there was no A/C idle speed solenoid used on any Pontiac engine.
An idle stop solenoid were used on 6 Cyl. and Ram Air IV only as an anti-dieseling device.

http://gtoaa.org/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kenth For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2022, 03:46 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Fast idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenth View Post
In 1970 there was no A/C idle speed solenoid used on any Pontiac engine.
An idle stop solenoid were used on 6 Cyl. and Ram Air IV only as an anti-dieseling device.
Thanks