Pontiac - Boost Turbo, supercharged, Nitrous, EFI & other Power Adders discussed here.

Old 05-20-2021, 01:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

My dad bought both a '64 & '66 GTO new. When I was 12 he bought a used '64 which he gave to me when I was 16 (Yes I was very lucky and my dad was very cool!). I wrecked my first '64 in a gross act of teenage ignorance. I bought my current '64 a month after wrecking the first one (1985). It had a '70 455 that I rebuilt several times. It recently cracked #7 cylinder after spending a gob of money on AL heads and a roller cam. I was so disappointed that I didn't touch it for probably nine months. I spent most of my life acquiring all of the parts that I had dreamed of (AL heads, Doug's Headers, AL pullies, etc.). I turn 54 June 6th. I'm not as enthusiastic as I used to be about wrestling with car parts. I actually question my sanity a lot of times. It didn't help that the best Pontiac engine guy in my area retired (Jim Moran @ MBJ Machine).I too used to get borderline mad when I would see a classic Pontiac with a corporate engine in it. Well after long pondering I decided to put an LS engine in it. I have a 2011 Camaro RS/SS convertible daily driver that I love! Couldn't be happier with my decision. Starting off with a well used 5.3 to get it converted. Then gonna install a GM crate 7.0 wet sump. I'm learning an unbelievable amount about LS engine tuning, etc. Eating it up like candy. So, I get both sides. This reminds me of my old buddies talking about flat heads and when the Oldsmobile engines came out with overhead valves...