Old 12-28-2021, 07:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Condenser values and Volt-Reg testing

What are the typical uF values for RF condensers and point condensers used in our Pontiacs? Do all the RF condensers have the same value ... like the ones on the Volt-Reg, blower motor etc?

Is there a standard value I should get checking resistance on the various terminals of a voltage regulator? Would like to check the regulator relay coils etc. to whatever extent I can before using an original.

Thanks

Old 12-28-2021, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The values are different and are usually on the end of the condenser. I don't have the heater or radio condenser values handy but this is from the diagnosis manual for the coil.

Theres nothing in any of my manuals describing the VR coil values, perhaps a Delco publication may have them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00078F21-F607-4588-8F70-F6552AAE51E4_1_201_a.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	580796  

1968 GTO (Thanks Mom)
2006 Silverado
2007 Cadillac SRX
2015 Chevy Express

The Following User Says Thank You to OG68 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-28-2021, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Jeez, looked through my diagnostic manual and didn't see that. That will give me a baseline to check the others ... I was getting 0.77 on the original regulator condenser which is more in line with the 0.5'ish I think is typical of RF condensers.

Cleaned the contacts on the regulator which looked pretty good, looks good on the inside, everything clean, nothing burnt.