Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 01-13-2022, 11:27 PM

Default 69 GTO Kits for Brakes

Current Status
1969 GTO Matcning numbers except for Master Cylinder.
400 with auto transmission
Disc brakes on front with 14" Rally Twos
Drum brakes on rear with 15" Rally Twos

Looking to maintain wheel sizes as the car has a nice stance.

Looking to replace brake system with an after market look like a Willwood or Baer like system. Suggestions for kit?

Looking to convert the drums to disc using same name brand as fronts. Suggestions for kit?

Obviously not looking to brake the bank would love to here stories and thoughts....

Thanks for input in advance

Old 01-28-2022, 03:54 PM

I used a kit from "The Right Stuff" with their show N Go upgrade. I have the kit for 15" wheels but they do have a kit for the 14". Slotted and drilled rotors with powder coated calipers. Looks good and is a nice upgrade. I don't think there are many choices for the smaller wheels.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Choices are limited for the smaller wheels. I would not put rear discs on the car if the disc is not a "drum in hat" design. The e-brake doesn't work well at all. I don't know for sure that they don't offer that design for 15" wheels but I would think not.

Old 02-04-2022, 11:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Scarebird has a kit for front discs that will fit inside 14" wheels. https://scarebird.com/index.php?rout...&product_id=67 You won't have many choices if you want to keep those wheels.