Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 01:50 PM

I would like to let everyone aware of my experience with jim and his crew at Best of Show.It was a very stressless and very enjoyable time .In late 2002 i had BOS restore my 66 gto conv.It has a tripower and 4 speed transmission and is red in color. My total cost for the full restoration and i mean everything was $54,000. I towed it in and drove it out in 13 months. I was kept aware of every step and all parts that were needed ,i also had made the decision to have no budget so i would not have to do it twice.The quality of the work performed was great and i was kept very involved in the whole process. I have put almost 1700 miles on my 66 since its completion and have no problems whatsoever and any minor items that i wanted done were done promptly and in a professional manner. Im not trying to be his spokesperson but after all the verbal abuse ive read i thought id put my 2 cents in. Thumbs up to Best Of Show Inc.

Dennis

Old 10-29-2003, 01:50 PM

I would like to let everyone aware of my experience with jim and his crew at Best of Show.It was a very stressless and very enjoyable time .In late 2002 i had BOS restore my 66 gto conv.It has a tripower and 4 speed transmission and is red in color. My total cost for the full restoration and i mean everything was $54,000. I towed it in and drove it out in 13 months. I was kept aware of every step and all parts that were needed ,i also had made the decision to have no budget so i would not have to do it twice.The quality of the work performed was great and i was kept very involved in the whole process. I have put almost 1700 miles on my 66 since its completion and have no problems whatsoever and any minor items that i wanted done were done promptly and in a professional manner. Im not trying to be his spokesperson but after all the verbal abuse ive read i thought id put my 2 cents in. Thumbs up to Best Of Show Inc.

Dennis

Old 10-29-2003, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dennis, welcome to PY and your first post!!!! It's nice to hear about peoples positive experiences, it makes life much eaiser. In some cases others aren't so lucky. It's kinda like poker, sometimes you win and sometimes you loose. I happy that everything went well for you and your car. I hope to have mine ready sometime in March. This is a great board and you will meet a lot of super nice and helpfull people.

Brad

Hot Rod Cover Car -April '07
PHR Magazine Sept.'08
1244HP Pump Gas Dyno @ 11psi (32PSI MAX)
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...ipumpgas-2.flv
Old 10-29-2003, 02:20 PM

brad, i would appreciate if you would stay off my post . i read both sides and think your a cheapskate crybaby. i hope you get sued for slander for your comments. does your boss know you dont work during the day and screwing off on sites?

Old 10-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, nice to meet you too Dennis.....no, I am the boss so it dosen't matter...

Dennis, P.S, I can buy and sell your car with pocket change....just thought I would let you know that....

Brad

PHR Magazine Sept.'08
Old 10-29-2003, 02:28 PM

i really doubt it brad ,i think your a **** talker

Old 10-29-2003, 02:42 PM

I agree totally with Dennis on this matter. If Brad wasn't such a tightwad on his paint job he would have one as nice as Dennis'. Brad,you set your self up for this. You had the chance to fix the body panels right but insead you choose to go the cheap route. You made up your mind and signed a LEGAL document reguarding this matter. Its too late to complain. Why did you take your gto to the best restoration shop in the area with a budget of 12K??? Why should Jim Martino be responsible for work he didn't do? Mabye you should contact the guy who put your quarters on wrong! Hey by the way..... aren't you the same guy who hassled and bad mouthed Joe Improta at The Parts Place about a year ago. Joe has done more for the hobby parts wise, then any one elese I know. This forum is for tech and advice on Pontiacs not complaing tightwads.

Old 10-29-2003, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bluemistslate65. Welcome to the board!!! I'm glad my posts are bringing on so many first time members....

Welcome!!!

Brad

PHR Magazine Sept.'08
Old 10-29-2003, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Dennis, glad you had a good experience and like Brad said, he didn't happen to have the same. Although I can't imagine spending $54K on a restoration or even a new car. But the name calling and obsenities just tells me you have more money than manners. Brad told his point of view and has to deal with Best of Show however he thinks it should be resolved.

Blue - You are correct that this message board is for technical advice and trading ideas but the reason I visit is because I am a tightwad. Anything I can do myself cheaper than having someone else do for me the better. Plus I get the satifaction of saying "I did it myself" than having some else get the credit for the work and I just forked over the big bucks.

----------------------------------------------------------
Never judge a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes, because by then, you're a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say whatever the hell you want to about him.

[This message was edited by HALFWAY on October 29, 2003 at 05:15 PM.]

Old 10-29-2003, 03:58 PM

Halfway , As far as my obsenities ,i am sorry ,but i did ask brad not to post on my topic.He was able to post his side and i felt i wanted to post my experience. That is your choice what you do with your money and is really none of your business what i do with mine. i wonder what kind of car i would have if i spent only $10 k or $15 k .I really rather not think about that .I am happy with what i did and spent . I am glad that u can do things yourself, i am skilless and have 0 talent with cars . so because of this am i to be denied the chance to own a perfect pontiac?

dennis

Closed Thread