Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 10-29-2003, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

P/Y member Pete Serio was a tremendous help to me in figuring out what the problem was with my fuel gauge. His methodical analysis led me to conclude that the problem was in the sending unit. Pete was very willing to spend a lot of time on the phone instructing me how to diagnose the problem, at really no benefit to him.

Pete restores instrument panels, including speedometers. I would not hesitate to send mine to him. He is extremely knowledgable and would undoubtedly do great work. He can be reached at PSerio@columbus.rr.com.

Save yo Confederate money, boys, the South is gonna do it again!
Pecosbill

Old 10-29-2003, 08:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

P/Y member Pete Serio was a tremendous help to me in figuring out what the problem was with my fuel gauge. His methodical analysis led me to conclude that the problem was in the sending unit. Pete was very willing to spend a lot of time on the phone instructing me how to diagnose the problem, at really no benefit to him.

Pete restores instrument panels, including speedometers. I would not hesitate to send mine to him. He is extremely knowledgable and would undoubtedly do great work. He can be reached at PSerio@columbus.rr.com.

Save yo Confederate money, boys, the South is gonna do it again!
Pecosbill

Old 10-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pete was a real help for me too. He helped me figure out a grounding wire location for my new dash....Thanks Pete, keep up the good work and thanks for helping me

Hot Rod Cover Car -April '07
PHR Magazine Sept.'08
1244HP Pump Gas Dyno @ 11psi (32PSI MAX)
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/m...ipumpgas-2.flv
Old 10-29-2003, 05:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Pete also restores Hurst shifters and did a great job on mine. His web site is http://www.precisionpontiac.com/

Got a chance to speak with Pete in person at Norwalk, good guy.

- Jim Doran -Some Pics of my 65

2016 Chevy SS; Sold
2001 Toyota Tacoma 4x4
2008 Infiniti G35x
Old 10-31-2003, 08:24 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

He is one of the best!

Old 11-07-2003, 10:22 PM
Administrator

Two years ago Pete sold me one of his rebuilt Hurst shifters for my 67. Some of you may know I have had consistant shifter/trans problems for two years now. All along, I have exchanged many e-mails and phone calls with Pete to try and solve this problem. He continued to try and troubleshoot this strange problem suggesting various possible fixes. Last week after finally deciding a new trans installation would eliminate the problem, it jammed between 2nd and 3rd YET AGAIN. I talked to Pete and he had run out of ideas. The next day he calls and said HE FOUND THE PROBLEM! He had been so annoyed by his inability to diagnose this problem that he took all his Hurst service bulletins, began reading and found a 1 paragraph reference in a 1965 bulletin that pinpointed my problem. I made the adjustment to the shifter linkage and the problem appears to be solved.

So the problem was never associated with his shifter. Yet he did all this extra work and didn't give up until he solved my problem.

Pretty impressive.

Thanks Pete!

---------------------------
Fool around, Get hurt, don't come crying to me.

Old 11-08-2003, 09:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hi, thanks Chris, for anyone who is interested in the original Hurst paperwork that I found here it is: [IMG]

<A HREF="http://images.andale.com/f2/130/124/6274843/1066523775796_HustlerClubNewsMay6.jpg[/IMG]

" TARGET=_blank>http://images.andale.com/f2/130/124/6274843/1066523775796_HustlerClubNewsMay6.jpg[/IMG]

</A>

Peter Serio
Owner, Precision Pontiac

Old 11-08-2003, 09:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Peter Serio
Owner, Precision Pontiac