Old 04-27-2011, 03:32 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Hose bulging

If the upper rad hose is bulging and its relatively new what should I look for next ? Poor circulation in the radiator ?

Old 04-27-2011, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Check this first......
Is the bottom hose collapsing? That could do it too. Bad hose or the spring inside it is broken, missing, or just plain shot.

If the above is ok.....
Could be a restriction in the radiator..... or a bad new hose. Flush out the radiator really good or better yet... take it to a radiator shop and let them do it, plus do pressure test on it. It'll cost you a few bucks but it'll give you peace of mind and you'll know what's wrong or not.

If that's it, have it recored if the upper and lower tanks are still good. I went thru that and it was the best thing I did seeing I got an SLK core the has more tube and fins than the original. Unless someone looks realy really close they can't tell it from an original.

Gary
Get in, ShuT Up, Hang On!
Member of the Baltimore Built Brotherhood
MY GTO built 4th Week of March 1966
"Crusin' Is Not A Crime"
Keep yer stick on the ice.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've run into recent reproduction rubber parts that failed almost immediately....like they were not cured or formulated correctly. Had a set of tie rod boots crack, split, and disintigrate in 6 months after installation on a chassis...this was just sitting there on stands, nut even greased yet. Also had a repro shift boot break into two pieces inside a month. Could be a bad hose.

Old 04-28-2011, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Any chance you got carb cleaner on it?

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 04-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

no. no cleaner on it and from feel it seems the lower hose spring is intact. ill pull the rad and have it cleaned or repaired.

Old 05-03-2011, 02:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i think it might be my cap. the pressure relief does not seem to be working....