EFI Tech All things EFI and making classics modern!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-17-2022, 06:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Haltech conversion

So it's been a while since I gave an update here but here goes....

I've always wanted DBW, in my opinion it's much safer (2xTPS sensors on the pedal and 2x on the TB) where everything has to match and in the event there's a failure, it shuts the car down. But one thing with the Haltech, with DBW, if you wire in a brake switch you can get cruise control! Since I have my 4L80e on the bench ready to go in, swapping out to 3.9 rear gears coupled with a 4L80e, having access to cruise control just seems too good to pass up.

While I was at it, I decided to also go with a Haltech PD16 PDM to replace my mechanical fuse/relay box plus the PD16 will also control the 4L80e for me too. One requirement I have with the transmission is I do not want to manualise it. It doesn't interest me anymore.

This is what many many MANY hours looks like from making a bracket to mount the computer so it's almost hidden from plain sight, to plugging everything in...

I've stopped using PVC coated wire now as the sheathing is just so thick and heavy compared to TXL/STL/Tefzel. IMO, spend the extra couple bucks on at least TXL for any major wiring jobs with braided sleeve OR lengths of DR25 Raychem. Depending on the environment you're wiring for.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	01-pedal mounted.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	598803   Click image for larger version

Name:	02-bye megasquirt.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	598804   Click image for larger version

Name:	03-mounting bracket finished.jpg
Views:	104