WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > PY Welcomes 1993-02 Firebird/Trans Am Owners > 93-02 General Tech/Discussion

93-02 General Tech/Discussion 1993-2002 Firebird/Trans Am General Tech/Discussion

Old 01-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default LT1 Exhaust Question

I bought a new cat-back for my '95 Formula. The car is pretty high up on jack stands right now. I can't get the intermediate pipe free of the back of the car. I reeeeallly don't want to drop the rear out just to get the exhaust out. What's the deal?

I could just cut the old pipe out, since it is not being reused. But, I wanted to learn the tricks before jamming my new I-pipe up in there and trying to get it to fit.

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

If the jack stans are under the reaend there is not enough crearance between the body and rear end to get the pipe out. Reposition the jack stands to the body so that the rear haigs down on the supenstion. Then turn the pipe so that the curve is parallel to the rear end then move the end of the pipe towards the side as you pull the pipe out.

If this dosent work you will have to put the car in a lift to get more height to twist and turn the pipe as you remove it.