Old 03-15-2024, 09:22 AM
Senior Chief

If your dome light works correctly when you have the courtesy socket removed you are real close to finding the probelm. There is a ground connection being made there and simulating a door switch ground connection. Wrong or broken socket perhaps. Wire grounded? Let us know what you find.

Old 03-18-2024, 10:10 PM

Default Dome light

OK, I think it's fixed, I really never found anything that was obviously wrong. But i replaced the clock fuse, cleaned the fuse socket, took out the fuse block and replaced the female spade connector on both ends of the fuse. I think it must of been to corroded to work, because it has worked now for almost a week. I open and close the door several times a day. Every time i hold my breath! 😁

Thans to all who helped me!!
LET

Old 04-01-2024, 02:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If the problem comes back I've had two '67 GTO's that if the dome light screws were tightened too much it pushed the lightbulb contacts into the roof cross brace and grounded out turning the interior lights on. Well actually one dome light was turned around and on that one the positive lightbulb contacts grounded out blowing fuses. The light coming on was better than the blown fuse since the brake light was on the same fuse. I bent the top of the contacts down a little and cut up a chunk of plastic water bottle to sit between the dome light housing and roof and no more problems.