Old 07-20-2002, 11:19 PM

ok, i'll try again and hope someone can help me out. while replacing heater core and blower motor i disconnected the vacuum lines running from behind the dash controls to........theres my problem. there are five lines and i know one of them has to hook to the engine to supply the vac, wheres the rest run to. anyone have a diagram they can fax me? oh, car is a 67 gto with a/c. and yes i know i should have marked them and i have marked everything else that was disconnected. i just overlooked it on this step. thanks

Old 07-20-2002, 11:19 PM

ok, i'll try again and hope someone can help me out. while replacing heater core and blower motor i disconnected the vacuum lines running from behind the dash controls to........theres my problem. there are five lines and i know one of them has to hook to the engine to supply the vac, wheres the rest run to. anyone have a diagram they can fax me? oh, car is a 67 gto with a/c. and yes i know i should have marked them and i have marked everything else that was disconnected. i just overlooked it on this step. thanks

Old 07-22-2002, 05:48 PM
Senior Chief

Hi poncho61,
I worked on this very thing just last weekend. I had charged my AC (hadn't tried using that or the heater since I bought the car). Had no fan output. I could hear it running though and each change on the switch changed the pitch so I knew the resistor block was ok. So I took the duct out from under the dash and saw the door wasn't opening. Found the vacuum line cluster on top of the switch not even hooked up....sorry to ramble. I have the 1967 Service Manual showing which lines go where. I can try and scan it to email if you like. Have you taken them all lose from the cluster going to the switch or do you need the info for the other ends? cliff

Old 07-22-2002, 08:55 PM

hey colorado_goat, did not disconnect from the block at rear of switch so i still have all five terminating at one location. if you could scan the page that shows where they terminate and if there is some way to id each line if the page doesn't show both ends. let me know if your successful with the scanning and i'll get you an e-mail address or fax number to send it to. rick

Old 07-23-2002, 12:58 PM
Senior Chief

I'll try and scan it tonight and see how it turns out. From reading the text protion I recall it saying something about each vacuum line having a color stripe. These may well be long faded away. I'll see if it has some other way to identify which one goes where. I'll let you know. cliff

Old 07-23-2002, 07:24 PM
Senior Chief

Hi Rick,
The scan turned out pretty well. The photo will show what lines go where. There is a color code to them but not sure if it wears off over the years. Hopefully it will help. The file is large but not huge. 300-400k. Let me know where I can email it and I'll get it out to you. Cliff

Old 07-23-2002, 10:30 PM

colorado_goat hey cliff, i know at least one of them still has a pink color on it and maybe a yellow on another so hopefully now that i know i'm supposed to find colors they'll be there. let me try to figure out how to send you the private message with my e-mail

[ July 23, 2002, 11:07 PM: Message edited by: poncho61 ]