WELCOME!

Go Back   PY Online Forums - Bringing the Pontiac Hobby Together > Classic TECH- specs, codes, resto issues FORUMS > General Late Model Tech

General Late Model Tech All LM technical discussions except GTO, G8 and TA here!

Old 09-19-2022, 09:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default 2007 GXP 4T65e-HD slips and no Manual shifting after rebuild

HI Guys,

I Just rebuilt the 4T65e-HD in my 2007 Grand Prix GXP. During the test drive i've noticed the car does not seem to hold either 2nd or 3rd gear and just slips and engine revs when driving. Also, when i shift into manual mode, no gears numbers or "M" shows on the dash. the padels do nothing. i'm wondering what my issue could be before dissessembling again.

One thing i replaced was the valve body separator plate as the original looked like the check ball areas in a couple spots where showing some good wear. The issue is the new ACDelco 24244404 part looks completly different then the original. I figured GM must have corrected a few things and installed it, but now i'm second guessing. there are 13 holes missing on the new plate and one hole that is a much larger size.

I called GM today to verify 24244404 was the correct part and they agreed, I asked if the computer would need reprograming with this part and they said no. they believe my issue is mechanical.

I'm wondering if there is anyone that has run into this before or has experience with this transmission.

I installed both the Superior 4T65e Kit and Superior K098 Valve Repair. Also all Solenoids are new.

my next step is to dig into the trans again and reinstall the old separator plate to see if this resolves the issue.

Thanks
Old 09-27-2022, 04:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Following up on this one. My car is now shiffing the way it should. I made 2 changes, but i'm not sure if both were required.

1. I reinstalled the old Valve Body plate. I think going to the newer plate requires some kind of reprograming. There is to many differences in my opinion.

2. I bench blead the clutch packs and found the 3 plastic sealing rings I installed seemed to be leaking. I did have some trouble installing them as I don't have the correct tools. The second time around I covered the spline of the hub with packing tape and covered them in assembly lube. They slid on much easier, I then resized with hose clamps/the fourth gear hub assembly.

hopefully this helps someone else.

Last edited by 74Grandville; 09-27-2022 at 04:43 PM.