Old 01-19-2023, 06:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That 632 BBC is also a hydraulic roller, everyone I think is talking about their solid rollers in Pontiacs. The seat timing is probably 322/337 on that 632….How big of a cam does it take to make a 632 make peak tq at 5600… BIG!

Old 01-20-2023, 01:56 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
I think I did just find with my cam. Ask your buddy if he races with that CA gas and 13:1 or if he spikes it with race gas. Big difference between cruising and racing.
By the way issues did I have????
You are the one who stated you had detonation issues to me in a old thread.
I would not try 13-1 or even 12-1.
At 11.5-1 is as far as I want to take it, and that is pushing it.

Old 01-20-2023, 09:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
You are the one who stated you had detonation issues to me in a old thread.
I would not try 13-1 or even 12-1.
At 11.5-1 is as far as I want to take it, and that is pushing it.
When the air was really good there were signs so I backed timing up a little. Not sure I'd call that an issue. Most people probably wouldn't even notice/know anything was going on

Old 01-20-2023, 03:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dblnkldude View Post
Here's what I am working with... a .035 over 455 with an eagle rotating assembly with SRP pistons. I would like to ditch the out of the box 87cc E heads, the Perf RPM intake, and the comp 110 520 and 540 roller cam but keep the 850 holley and make a few adjustments to that. The trans is built real well by a local guy with a 3200 converter, a stock driveshaft, (which will be changed) and a 9 inch with 389's with 35 spline axles and a locker and spinning 275 drag radials. The car is a 70 lemans that has done 11.60's. Since then we have put the car on a diet. It has no power steering, virtually no interior, and has a glass hood a decklid. A cage is in the plans shortly. Anybody have an idea of weight? So the plan is to have the heads ported to 340cfm or so, port match the victor I just bought and install a cam in the .660 lift range and 260/270 duration at .050. Does that sound about right? Does anyone have any cam recommendations for this? This is what I think I need to do just from reading this forum and other books. I mainly play 500 hp and below for street cars with some strip action. just looking to go to the next level here. Thank you in advance!!
Matt, I assume this is your project car you mentioned to me before you & your buddy are working on?
If your going to ditch the 87cc E-heads I would suggest a set of High-Ports as they flow 330cfm out of the box.
I believe you can spec the combustion chamber volume. so you can get your desired CR.
Cams for racing...I'd favor a solid roller for stability @ high RPMS in the range AG had mentioned.
Not sure what's available right now for cams as I hear core shortage going on.

Old 01-23-2023, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Here are the specs for the Chevy 632 ci 1004 HP 12:1 CR crate engine. Recommended Fuel: Premium pump (93 octane or higher)
One more spec is $30k = minus starter, flywheel, air filter
2 year warranty
I just had to know .

Burnouts, donuts, tire-barking shifts ,,, in your motor-home

Old 01-23-2023, 11:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is alot to think about fellas. Quite frankly I dont think its going to happen this year. Nobody has anything it seems.